Chapter 6

"Jack, when you arrive at the police station, tell them you want to meet with James . If he still doesn't let you through, try find another way in."
" You mean shoot my way in?"
"No no no. Try stealthier"
" Will do! "
"And Jack, don't turn off your trans... We ne....upda..."
"Boss??!"
Another voice starts talking to him. It was a deep voice. Like a demon from hell.
"Hello Mr. Ryder we've been watching you for a long time now. Look closely around you? See this black car that's been following you for the past ten minutes? Get rid off it first, then we'll talk"
He looks around him until he spots it. It had smoked glass. Using his enhanced eyes he looks through the glass, revealing four men armed with SMGs :"Ah shit, here we go".
He hit the gas with all his force, makingthe stalkers do the same. Passing by every red lights at full speed, causing mayhem in the streets and forcing the police to join in on the fun : "Great".
David was watching the news at that time : "we are seeing a high speed chase across the highway. Suspect is driving a gray motorcycle..."
"Jesus Christ that's Jack. What is he doing?? Zack call him now. "
Still driving at full speed, they started shooting at him. He takes out his gun and started firing back. He missed every single one of them. Instead he shot the police "Fuck!!".
After a good ten minutes of high speed chasing he receives another transmission :
"Take a hard turn right, in.... NOW!!"
Without thinking about it, he does what they told him, surprising the police and other drivers as well, that they crashed into each other, blocking the way for the cops. When he was able to get away from them, the black car reappeared:"Shit not you again!"
He lured them in a abandoned building and parked the bike inside. He later stayed hidden until all four of them were out of car and sepearted. Then he started taking them out one man at a time. The last guy was tougher than the others. It took him more time to subdue him, but in the end he knocked him down. He walks towards him to interrogate him:
"WHO HIRED YOU??!!!"
He raises his gun towards his head, threatening him. The other one was laughing at him.
"TELL ME WHO YOU'RE WORKING FOR!!OR I'LL BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAIN!!" The other one started laughing more until he takes the gun in his mouth and tried to shoot himself. Jack tried to fight back but he couldn't. The man shot himself. The entire wall was covered in blood and small pieces of his brain." Son of a bitch!! I should probably leave."
He gets back on his back and leaves the place.
A
After driving for another five minutes, He made sure that no one was following him, then stopped to rest a moment:
"Mr. Ryder, not everything seems the way you see it. You were on your way to the police department to retrieve the whereabouts of some van. Scrap that idea, we have another job for you. We have Intel that the body of Sarah had something more than just attack marks. The autopsy report has been falsified in order to hide the truth. Go to the cops and retrieve the real report. And ditch the bike, every cop is looking for you"
"And how am I supposed to go there?"
"We have another bike ready in the dark alley behind you.
" How did you... "
" We're watching you Mr. Ryder, good luck out there. "
He still can't believe what's happening right now. As the unknown man said, a motorcycle is indeed waiting for him in the alley. He uses it to get to his destination. " How am I supposed to enter the place if every cop is looking for me? ".
One of the men patrolling the area decided to leave the others for some reason. "Lucky day for me."
He followed him into the dark alley, waited patiently for him to stop walking. When he finally stopped, he unzips his pants, and takes out a magazine : " Here?? That's gonna suck for him." He walks towards him, silently but at the same time fast, to ask if he could lend him his clothes. He pinched him and when he turned his head, all he could see was a metallic arm coming straight towards his face before knocking him down." "This is gonna hurt in the morning".
He swapped his clothes with the now unconscious guard and entered the building.
"Go to the second floor, the archives are up there. When you retrieve it, do not, DO NOT OPEN IT. Leave the place and go back to alley where you left that poor guy unconscious and wait. A ma.... will.... for you...."
"Jack, you hear me? Good, you're at the police department. Meet up with James, and we need to have a talk when you return."
He makes his way to the archive until he found the reports drawer: "Sarah Kyle, Sarah Kyle, Sarah K... aha found it".
He knew if he went to speak with James they will recognize him and he would have the whole building coming after him so he decided to ditch that idea. He left the building and waited in the dark alley just as he was instructed to. He returned the clothes that he borrowed and waited patiently. He looks down at the report, why would the man tell him not to read it? The curiosity was killing him "nothing will happen if I peeked at it a little right?".
He opens the file, revealing a lot of papers. "these are the autopsy reports. Suffered from suffocation, burns. Died of gunshot.
Autopsy of the body showed some unusual vessels in the victim's body, there were electric circuits throughout her body..."
He couldn't complete the reading as he feels someone's hand hit him with all it's strength from behind. He falls on the floor, blood was coming out of the back of his head. He heard the woman whisper to him :" thank you for your cooperation" as she left him blacked out in the dark alley.

Back at Dexcorp, David was waiting for his personal detective to return with some good informations. He waited for several hours and was still waiting when the news started broadcasting again : "no not again!!"

"Two bodies were found in the lake. The bodies were confirmed to belong to two cops, officer Mike and officer Jason, who were reportedly working on the mysterious case of the murder of Sarah Kyle. More informations will be reported to you tonight only on NYN "

" WHERE THE HELL IS JACK??? "

A few moments after the black out, Jack wakes up in a dark room. He recognized the room is it was the location where he found the mannequin. The wound on his head was stitched back, he looked around him :" shit where's the report??!! "
" Your awake, finally. Boss was eagerly waiting to meet you in person."
"Leave us alone." The man walked down the stairs, the light was so bright that it was covering his face. When the room was clear: "Welcome Mr. Ryder at last we meet. You've been our objective all along. We'll explain later but now you need to undergo a procedure. We'll be waiting for you."

🌎__Welcome to the Ryder-Verse__🌍
Appreciate your support ❤️❤️
Please leave a vote and a comment on the chapter. And wait for futur updates as we dive deeper in the revolution. 🤪