The Price of Living

A few minutes before...

"Do you think they're okay?" Taehyung sniffed, anxiously listening for any sign of danger. 

"Taehyung, they'll be okay. Yoongi is there remember?" Jin said, trying to reassure the pacing Taehyung who was close to hysterics. 

"What if they die though?" He asked worriedly. Jin and Namjoon exchanged glances. "I'm sure it isn't anything Jin can't take care of." Namjoon said calmly, even though he was indeed also very worried and scared for his friends.

"Listen Taehyung, everyone's scared. We'll make it through this okay?" Hoseok said in a clipped voice, his head hurting. He didn't really know what he'd do if they died. 

"Okay..." Taehyung was about to sit back down, but a gunshot rang throughout the house. Flinching, Taehyung stumbled back into someone. That someone happened to be Jungkook. Turning red, he tried to stand up properly but Jungkook pulled him down onto the couch with him with a yelp.

"It's alright. I won't let them get to you." He mumbled quietly, arms around Taehyung's stomach. Taehyung couldn't stop blushing but slowly relaxed and melted onto the back hug. He eventually dozed off but was startled awake when he heard three gunshots at different intervals.

"It's Yoongi. The fight is over. They've survived." Namjoon said in a flat but steady voice, grabbing a gun and bolting up the stairs. Taehyung hurried after him, wanting to see if his best friend was okay. "JIMIN!"

"ARE YOU-" 

"-okay?" Taehyung stopped running upon seeing the state of his two friends. Jimin was crying hysterically into Yoongi's shoulder. Both of them were kneeling on the hard and cold floor. He flinched when he laid his eyes on the corpse. "Jimin?" Taehyung asked hesitantly, snapping back when Jimin slapped his hand away.

"Yoongs, are you okay?!" Namjoon's eyes softened when he saw Yoongi's teary eyes. Taking in the scene, he had a basic understanding of what happened. He knelt down next to Yoongi. "So Jimin killed her?" He asked in a hushed tone. Yoongi, unable to say anything, just numbly nodded. 

Namjoon sighed and wiped some of Mia's blood off Jimin's face. "Let's go back inside." He said in a sotto voice. Taehyung glanced at Namjoon, who mouthed to him what he had figured out. His face fell. Jimin, of all people. Had killed someone. It wasn't his fault though. Taehyung was sure of that. He gently tried to pull Jimin off Yoongi, but he wouldn't let go. He then laid eyes on the state of the couple.

"Jimin, we need to get you both back inside! It's dangerous out here and both of you are hurt!" Taehyung said frantically, trying to pull Jimin off Yoongi. But Jimin only shook his head furiously and buried his head on Yoongi's shoulder, desperate for comfort. Desperate for anything

"C'mon. Up you go." A quiet voice came, gently picking Jimin up as Namjoon helped support Yoongi. Jimin screamed, cried, and beat the person with his fists. Jungkook just let him. The group slowly went back inside. After securely locking the doors, they walked down the stairs to the basement. Jin hurried over and took in the situation with his eyes. Seeing the state of Jimin, he went to tend Yoongi first. Hoseok following to check on his friend.

Jimin eventually stopped struggling and just broke down. Crying and sobbing onto Jungkook. Taehyung was slighly hurt but this was his best friend. "Jiminie?" Taehyung slowly placed his hand on Jimin's back. Jimin stiffened at the touch and looked at Taehyung with teary eyes.

"TaeTae?" Taehyung just weakly pulled Jimin into a hug. Jimin started crying again, making Taehyung panic. "H-hey Jimin, whatever happened wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was." Jimin whispered into Taehyung's shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Taehyung asked, Jimin nodded.