End of the Line

Happy (late) Seungmin day!

"Kookie... Where are we?"

Taehyung clutched Jungkook's hand as if his life depended on it, trying to ignore the loud clicking of their own footsteps bouncing off the walls. The mall was enormous and seemed haunted due to the lack of people.

"Yoongi didn't say where to meet up so we're looking around." Jungkook replied, staring up at a map of the mall in the window of a store. He was worried about the others but there was nothing he could do to help them, so the only thing he could do was make sure that they both made it out alive.

"Jungkook..." The other turned around behind him, seeing the other rub his stomach, eyes half closed. "I'm hungry and tired... And scared..."

"We should be able to find some empty place to eat at for a bit." Jungkook muttered anxiously, squeezing Taehyung's hand while's surveying the empty mall. "I'm okay." He added after seeing Taehyung open his mouth, then shutting it.

Taehyung hung his head, his grip on Jungkook's hand slackening. The other looked back in question

"Tae, come on. We need to move," He goaded impatiently, dragging the small male behind him as he walked through the empty mall briskly, looking for any sign of their friends. Taehyung's eyes watered slightly as he wiped his face with his sleeve. He wouldn't drag Jungkook down this time.

As both boys walked in the mall, passing empty stores by, small morning rays from the sun peeked in through the windows. Things were finally coming to an end. As long as they could survive the next hour, they'd be free and safe again for another year. 

Jungkook didn't notice that Taehyung had started crying to himself quietly, letting himself be dragged by the other. In fact, he was so focused on searching for anything useful to them that it wasn't until that Taehyung stopped walking that he finally turned around.

"Taehyung. Come on, why aren't you moving?" Jungkook asked frustratingly as the other's hand slipped out of his own. "Taehyung?"

Sighing, Jungkook knelt down so that he could see Taehyung's face. Small, wet, pearly tears slid down his precious cheeks. 

"Oh, Tae,"

Standing up straight again, he gently tilted the other's chin upward so that their eyes met. Without speaking he engulfed the other into a tight hug, slowly bending down until he was on his knees with Taehyung on his lap. The small boy cried his heart out, gripping fistfuls of Jungkook's shirt tightly, soaking it. Not that Jungkook minded. 

"Why are you crying, huh?" He asked, softly rubbing circles into the other's back soothingly. Jungkook waited patiently for the other to let out all his pent up emotions, the hiccups and sniffles slowly died down and Taehyung remained silent.

"Want to talk?" Taehyung shook his head and the grip on his shirt slackened.

"Tae, are you-"

"Are we really going to make it out?" Taehyung asked in a fragile voice, and Jungkook swore he could hear his pain as he tightened his hold on the boy cradled in his arms.

"Of course, what makes you think that way?" Jungkook replied gently. Taehyung waited for a few moments, and looked up at Jungkook, placing his chin on the other's chest and looking up into his eyes... Those dark orbs that seemed to hold everything and nothing at the same time.

They were alone. There wasn't anyone else around other than them. The light from the sun gave the mall a brilliant orange hue, giving more contrast to the light and darkness. The light was reflected inside his eyes.