Soft

Taehyung was close to crying. He sat with his hands in his lap, leaning against Jimin. Jin and Hoseok were currently working on helping Jungkook right now, and no one else was allowed in. Except Namjoon who could help with his knowledge every now and then.

Jimin sat quietly patting Taehyung's head. The mood in the room was subdued, completely silent apart from Namjoon's speaking or cries of pain. After what felt like an eternity, Jin trudged out of the room, looking like death. Taehyung lept to his feet. "Is he-"

"He's sleeping. He should be fine." Jin mumbled, stuffing his face into a pillow. Limping and promptly falling asleep on the couch. Hoseok walked out of the room as well, looking miserable. "We're almost out of medical supplies, and we didn't even do a good job." He groaned, shuffling towards a sleeping bag.

"I'm sure you did your best." Jimin encouraged as Hoseok fell asleep. "How much longer until it's over?" Yoongi asked. Taehyung jumped, he was so quiet he had forgotten he was there. Everyone looked towards the first aide station as finally, a tired looking Namjoon walked out.

"We're three hours in. Just nine hours left..." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, messing it up thoroughly. "Are you tired?" Yoongi gently prodded again. Namjoon shook his head and walked over to a sleeping Jin.

"I mean- I am but I'm too on edge to sleep." He breathed out. 

"You sleep. We'll watch." Caving in, Namjoon nodded warily and brushed Jin's hair with a small smile before crawling under a blanket next to him. He was out like a light. "So much for not tired." Jimin giggled. Yoongi smiled and wrapped his arms around his torso from behind, letting Jimin lean into the back hug.

Feeling supremely out of place, Taehyung stood awkwardly. "I'm going to check on Kookie okay?" Jimin nodded and Taehyung walked into the first aide station. Pushing aside the curtain, he peeked into the white room. His heart sank when he saw Jungkook lying on the floor with a blanket wrapped around him. Only his face was exposed. He seemed better though.

The scars stopped bleeding and visibly looked better. Only a few bandages were on his face. He felt a rush of relief. The trio had done a good job taking care of Jungkook so far. He shuffled over to Jungkook on his knees, before hesitantly peeling the blanket off the rest of Jungkook's body.

His heart fell again. A bandage was wrapped around his torso and one around his leg. A thin cast was over his left arm. Taehyung felt himself tear up again. Once more, it was his fault. It always was. If he had moved, then Jungkook would've gotten to safety faster. Biting his lip, he leaned over Jungkook's face. Despite almost getting blown up, he still looked handsome. He always looked flawless. Maybe it was a small thing called love, he didn't know.

Sighing sadly, he pulled his knees in with his hands and set chin on top. His eyes studied Jungkook's face. He looked at peace. Ha, cliche. He thought to himself bitterly. Never taking his eyes off Jungkook, Taehyung placed his hand on his forehead. Gently trailing his hands down his face. His hands reached a small bump on his left cheek. Was it there before? He'd never noticed.

A small tear fell. Followed by another. And another. Why was he crying? Maybe because of guilt? Or because he simply missed him maybe. Thinking that he was bothering Jungkook, he decided to leave and let him rest in peace. They didn't even have anything special (false), so he shouldn't even do anything.

But the longer Taehyung looked at his face, the more he wanted to do something. To offer him comfort or, just something. Leaning forward, he hesitated. Was this really a good idea? Probably not. But he couldn't help himself. So he knelt down, straddling Jungkook's waist, carefully avoiding the bandages. And gently pressed his lips on Jungkook's cheek. Right on his scar. He didn't move afterwards, his face too flushed to do anything. So he simply laid his head on Jungkook's head cautiously, and listened to his heartbeat. Just a reminder that he was still with him, in a sense.

Sniffing, he thought that Jungkook would have trouble breathing because of how fat he was. So he reluctantly stood and started to make his way out of the room.

"...Do that again?"

Taehyung froze. Turning around slowly, he saw Jungkook craning his neck too look at him. Stifling a small sob, he turned around fully and fell onto his knees in front of him. Brushing Jungkook's hair aside, his face was so red he might as well be glowing. Jungkook gave him a small smile.

"I feel like I'm floating... 'M I dead?"

"They gave you drugs." Taehyung whispered. That's why he didn't seem in pain. "That would sound- weird out of context." Jungkook muttered, trying to cheer Taehyung up. Which worked, earning him a smile that would've normally made him ecstatic, but his mind was too hazy to absorb much.

"Are you okay...? I, I thought you were going to d-die, y'know? 'M sorry Kook. I-It's m...my fault you're hurt." Taehyung mumbled, tears clouding his vision. His chest heaving with small sobs. He tried to keep his crying down, so he wouldn't bother the others. "S-sorry..."

"Why?" A soft hand cupped Taehyung's cheek. It's thumb softly swiping the tears away. This made Taehyung want to cry even more. Despite being hurt, he was the one comforting him when it should've been the other way around. He shook his head. 

"It's not your fault alright?" Jungkook stated firmly. Taehyung gave a small nod, still looking at his lap. Jungkook's hand fell off Taehyung's cheek limply. "I'm kind of tired so I'm going to sleep for a bit okay?" He nodded again, not looking at Jungkook and standing up.

"No-! Just... don't leave okay? Please stay. O-of course, if you don't want to you can leave but if you want to stay then-" Taehyung laid on Jungkook's right arm and buried his face in the crook of his neck. Within a few minutes, soft breathing could be heard. Biting back a smile, Jungkook closed his eyes.

Dang, why do I always be updating at godly hours. For me at least. But I'm in a good mood! So fluffy chapter uwu. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment of necessary.