Run

"So you know where this place is right?" Namjoon asked as he walked briskly with Jin across the war-torn streets. Jin nodded nervously, leading him across an alley. Quickly speeding up after seeing a man tear a girl's chest open. 

Jin's heart went out to the girl, as he hesitated. But Namjoon didn't like where this was headed and quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him forward. Exhaling shakily, he pointed towards the pharmacy a few meters away.

"That's the place?"

"It has a red plus on it... Are you seriously asking me that?"

"...My bad."

Jin sighed and they entered the pharmacy. Once they entered, the lights were off and only a few flickering fires lit up the building. Jin quickly got to work, grabbing the bandages he needed whiles Namjoon stood guard.

After a few minutes of gathering supplies and medicine, Jin stood up. Namjoon nodded and they headed towards the exit. Not even a second later, someone crashed through the window and ran towards Jin. Fluidly loading and raising his gun to his head in one smooth motion. Jin let out a cry of surprise and panic. Eyes desperately latching on to Namjoon's worried ones.

"Right. Now tell me where Jeon is or I'll shoot."

Namjoon's eyes flitted from Jin to the man holding him. He was wearing a respirator and a pair of sunglasses. It looked ridiculous but it did it's job. Namjoon could barely see the tip of his head. Even the dude's voice sounded weird. He met eyes with Jin, who's eyes were wide in fear. He didn't want them to die. He would get them out of this. Alive, but he couldn't guarantee unscathed. 

"What is it with you people and this Jeon guy?" He asked casually, stalling while trying to keep his voice steady. The man snorted. 

"Don't play dumb with me Kim. We know all of you. Mia, that useless slut was sent but guess what? She failed! And now she's dead." The man shrugged, pressing the gun against Jin's temple. Namjoon tried to stay calm.

"How do you know us? And why do you want him dead so badly? What's that got to do with us?" He scowled, discretely cocking his gun while the man laughed. 

"Big dude knows everything mate. Supposedly Jeon killed his best friend, and he wants him dead without any charges. Must've been some best friend to go this far. Anyways he told us whoever found Jeon's location would get like a million dollars and Mia thought or rather did have it, but that idiot didn't tell us before she left!

Then she went, fought, got herself killed, and we still don't know where he is! But I know this one is a friend of his." He snarled, cocking his gun. Namjoon and Jin were silent, listening to the click resonate across the pharmacy.

"Now. Tell me where Jeon is, or I'll shoot you both." He warned menacingly. "What if I fight you instead?" Namjoon blurted out. Jin glared at him. The man seemed stunned into silence. Then, he threw his head back and bellowed out a loud laugh.

"Hah! Fight me? Well sure! If you want! But I get to use this one as a shield. I've earned the right after all. You can't shoot your friend! Well? Still wanna go?" He asked in a childish voice mockingly. Jin tried to shake his head, but the man pressed the gun into his head even further that Namjoon was worried that it would draw blood.

"Yes! I'll go!" He quickly shouted. The man stared, unimpressed. "Hm, bravery or stupidity?" He mused not-so-quietly. 

"You're going to shoot your friend? Suuure."

"Trust me." Namjoon challenged, but his eyes frantically made eye contact with Jin. The true recipient of his message. Jin's eyes were nervous, but he eventually gave a small, almost imperceptible nod. Then shut his eyes, bracing for pain.