IV - MY VOICE

"So, Perrie," I started when we're four steps away from the cabin now. I hear her hum beside me and felt her squeeze my hand. "You grew up here?"

"You like it here?" she asked, completely ignoring my question.

I turned my head to glare at her, only to catch her blue eyes staring at me. We were so close and because of that, my breath hitched for a moment and I quickly looked back in front. I gulped down whatever lump that grew in my throat and slightly moved away, enough for me to breathe again but not enough to make her think that I was moving away on purpose.

"I, uh, yeah, sure." I was looking anywhere but the blonde haired woman beside me. "You didn't answer my question."

"You didn't even ask me a question."

"I did."

Perrie shook her head, brows furrowed when she faced me. "Nope."

I scoffed, rolled my eyes, and didn't respond. It's already 8 pm and I am clearly not in the mood for playful banter. Although I was merely looking at the palm trees we're passing by, the huts, the restaurants and beach benches, in my peripheral vision, I see Perrie's head still facing me. I decided to ignore her presence, even though the fact that our hands are entwined is a force to be reckoned with.

And then I hear her speak softly, "I didn't grow up here."

I glanced at her. "So you don't live here?"

"You're inquisitive, Jade Thirlwall," she giggled, squeezing my hand in the process. "But, to answer your question, I live here."

"So you moved here... when?"

"When did you arrive?" she asked.

"Last week," I answered simply, and then reiterated my question earlier, "So when did you move here?"

"When I was a kid, that's for sure," she responded. "My turn, is Jade Thirlwall really your name?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you think?"

"Of what?"

An edge of my lips curled up. "Do you think Jade Thirlwall is my real name?"

She beamed. "You look like one, so yes. My turn again, do you like it here?" she asked, facing the front this time.

"I do," I replied and looked around the environment.

I wasn't lying. I really do like it here.

Everything is ethereal here - the beach that is completely empty save for me and the gorgeous blonde beside me holding my hand. Even when we're quiet, the sound of ocean waves fill in the silence for us. If at morning, we feel like we're being cooked, at night, we feel like we're being refrigerated.

The breeze of the cold wind blows through our hairs, and the sand felt like snow. It's a good thing Perrie borrowed robes for the both of us before we left the lost-and-found area.

This felt serene, and I am proud of myself for picking this place - this place is perfect. Perfect for me to hide, maybe; perfect for me to settle down and not be disturbed by paparazzis or hardcore fans, for sure.

Perfect place for me to escape to.

"Jade Thirlwall," Perrie's voice snapped me out my thoughts, "where do you stay at again? I must have forgotten."

"The hotel behind the restaurant over there." I pointed at the familiar towering building sitting behind a smaller cabin facing the beach, which is the restaurant that I had my lunch at awhile ago.