V - JADE AMELIA THIRLWALL

The next morning I woke up on the right side of the bed, facing the wall. I let out a yawn and groaned as I stretched my limbs, before finding myself in the middle of a staring contest with the ceiling fan above.

And that's when a thought raced through my mind: there was no ceiling fan in my hotel room.

I jolted up, completely wide awake now that I've realized that I'm not at the hotel and instead at somebody else's home. I'm still wearing the bikini from yesterday, and that's good, I thought to myself. I swiveled my head around to scan the room.

There was a nightstand just beside me on the left side, my bag situated on top of it. I sighed in relief when I see that my phone is still in my bag.

I checked it and frowned at the screen. 7 missed calls from Steve and 8 missed calls from Jesy. And a lot more notifications from Twitter and Instagram.

Fuck.

I shut my phone off before looking around again. A black desk table in front of me with a computer on top and the CPU below, obscured by a black chair. A digital clock on the wall that read 6:11 am.

And then I saw myself - - a poster of myself, actually, pasted on the cream-colored wall. It was me holding a Coke. And I remembered four years ago when I signed a contract with Coca-Cola for endorsements of their products.

"What the?" I find myself muttering, still staring at myself who looked so happy in the picture - obviously it was a fake smile.

"Oh, good. You're awake."

I darted my eyes toward the door and found Perrie's little sister - Caitlyn, I remembered - smiling at me. I was too dumbstruck because of the poster to smile back, and Caitlyn must have realized that because she looked at the poster then looked back at me, and I noticed that her smile's a bit weak now.

"Sorry 'bout that. I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of yours," she apologized, rubbing her arm nervously. "I didn't mean to creep you out. I was too shy when I met you to say it."

Oh, so it's not Perrie's, I thought, relieved, but for some reason, a bit disappointed.

"Where is she?" I asked, swinging my legs on the edge of the bed so I was now sitting in front of her.

Caityln nudged her head outside. "She's cooking breakfast."

"Oh, okay then." I stood up and walked over before I felt her hand on my forearm, stopping me and forcing me to look at her.

Caitlyn contemplated on what to say before finally saying, "Perrie has... memory problems."

"Yeah," I say, nodding understandingly. "Yeah, she told me yesterday."

"So, in case she forgets what happened," she says, "tell her the code: happy place. Then she'll know that you know each other. That's better than having her punch you because she thinks you're a stranger."

I nodded, kind of dumbfounded that an eight-year-old knows how to explain such things like this, but I guess she's one precocious girl. Her appearance clearly belies her way of conversating.

Then a question popped in my head. "Actually, I have to ask - I fell asleep last night, in her arms. And I don't know what -"

"Ah," she cuts me off, giggling afterwards. "I don't know what really happened. But she and Liam carried you to my room, and Perrie kicked me out and told me to just sleep with her instead."

I gave her a confused look. "Who's Liam?"

"Oh, you know, Perrie's boyfriend." For once, Caitlyn acted like an actual eight-year-old what with the trying to supress her smile and a childish giggle as if she was the one being asked out.