XIII - WITH A PINCH OF PAIN IN MY CHEST

Perrie stared at the poster, apparently dumbfounded. She looked up at me, and I smiled at her as if to exhibit how proud I am of myself.

With Jesy's suggestion in mind, I spent hours (and by hours, I meant just an hour) of searching for a poster of myself, which is actually the weirdest thing I have ever done, to be quite honest. Even the clerk who recognized me seemed stunned to find out that someone like me wanted to buy a poster of myself. He probably thinks that I'm narcissistic.

Without smiling back though, much to my chagrin, Perrie peered back at the poster. Some kind of sound of disapproval was heard from the back of her throat as she shoves the poster to my chest. With wide eyes, she shakes her head vigorously.

"I'm sorry but you are not giving that to my sister," she says hurriedly, as if the poster was a freaking curse.

I frown and shove the poster back to her. "And why not? Your sister's a big fan of mine, correct?"

Her face contorts into what seemed to be a cringe as she draws out, "Yes... But you don't want to corrupt my sister now, do you?"

My frown went deeper. "Corrupt? Don't tell me Caitlyn hasn't seen someone in an underwear..."

A squeal was elicited from a now red-faced blonde in response as she shoves the poster back to me again.

"Dude, you're gonna ruin her present!" I chided. Instead of shoving it back to her, and ultimately crumpling the paper, I spread it out on the coffee table and swipe my hand across it as if to flatten it out. Over my shoulder, I give her a glare. "And for your information, I'm not 'corrupting' her. This is for a good cause, you know? She's a fan of mine, so what's a better gift than a picture of her idol?"

"You are not giving that to my sweet, little, innocent sister!" she practically demanded, pointing at the poster like it was the crudest thing she has ever seen in her life.

I scoff, feeling a bit offended. Or perhaps, even more offended. "I'm also a girl, Perrie. Caitlyn wouldn't mind seeing another girl in her underwear."

"Maybe, but I would!" Perrie snarled, snatching the poster and standing up. "I don't want to give her another lecture about why people are posing half-naked in magazines."

Then she marches off to... Oh hell no! In a flash, I was hot in her heels and gripping her shoulders, I spun her around to face me before she could even think about throwing it in the trash. Perrie has the poster balled up and clutched within her hand, and I attempted to dislodge it from her grasp—but to no avail.

"Give it to me," I demanded, trying to snatch it off her tight grip. When she didn't let go, I snarled, "Now, Perrie."

"You can't give this to her." Perrie tightened her grip on the poor poster. For Pete's sake, does she want poster me to suffocate within her clutch?

"Alright, I won't! I'll give her another present!" I surrendered eventually, but still trying to take possession of the paper. "If. You. Just. Let. Go!"

Perrie rolled her eyes. "Fine."

From the full force and sheer determination of trying to grasp the poster, I wasn't able to support myself by taking a step back. In hindsight, it's probably the stupidest thing of me to do. But it was too late now. The moment Perrie let go of the poster, I find myself finally taking hold of it but stumbling from the lack of balance.

I expected to land butt-first on the floor. And I was ready to stand up and perhaps give this gorgeous blondie a little taste of my fist.

However, her slender fingers managed to wrap around my forearm, forcefully pulling me into her before I could even fall. All my expectations were not met, thankfully, but this definitely took my breath away.