IX - EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING

I didn't get the chance to meet Perrie again until a week later.

After she walked me back to my hotel, Jesy called me on the phone, apprising me of the news that Phil McCallum, Hollywood's newest 'hot stuff', is going to be shooting some scenes here in the resort and practically demanded me to stay 'hidden' so as to not attract attention from the paparazzis. I decided against telling her that some of the people here in the hotel already recognize me.

And yes, I finally told Jesy where I am currently staying at. And she was so grateful that she almost cried. Almost, if you don't count the moistness of her eyes.

Within that week, though, I made sure that Perrie and I still communicate through social media if not in person. If it was any normal circumstance, I wouldn't bother reaching out to her.

But this isn't any normal circumstance.

If anything, this is a one-in-a-million kind of circumstance.

I texted her right after I ended the call with Jesy.

Me: This is Jade Thirlwall, and I am officially your friend, whom you just accompanied just awhile ago. If you forget about me, you'll regret it.

Her: Jade Thirlwall who?

Me: Write this down on your post-it on your ref: JADE THIRLWALL IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH.

Her: How did you know about the post-it on the ref???

That night, we even had our first video call. It was a little awkward at first, but if there's anything Perrie and I have in common, it's that we're both good conversationalists. And bringing up a random topic is a piece of cake.

Feeling afraid to be forgotten by the only friend I have in this place, I make it a habit to text or call her every now and then.

And today is no exception.

"Jade Thirlwall," Perrie greets as soon as she answers. This was her usual conversation starter every time I ring her up.

"Please tell me you didn't forget about me." And this is my usual greeting.

"I wouldn't forget a pretty face with a pretty voice" is her usual answer to that, which would instigate my cheeks to flush as per usual.

And so I guess it's safe to say that our conversation sort of starts with a format before improvisation is needed. And I would also like to say this format is needed so I would know if Perrie still remembers me even when we don't meet up.

"Phil's done shooting his scenes here," I tell her, and smile adoringly when I hear her chuckle on the other line. "So if you want ..."

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

I snort. I can officially deem myself completely accustomed to her flirtatious remarks. "Make of it as you wish. I just needed a friend to hang out with."

"This friend is disappointed with your answer," she sighs.

"And this friend is bored. Meet me at Lily's?"

And that's how I ended up installed on the same seat inside the restaurant Perrie works at. Back to the wooden restaurant with the beach sand itself as the floor. She has her blonde waves tied up in a messy bun as per usual, with some strands on the side loose. The typical waitress uniform - black shirt, black pants, maroon apron - clung to her figure, and I took in her curves for a second before looking back up to meet her expectant gaze.

"What's your order, Jade Thirlwall?" she asks. She has the end of her pencil tapping lightly on her bottom lip as she hums thoughtfully. "What do you usually order here?"