Welcome to the party

The day of the party came, Kani pulled down her large curtain behind her newly replaced window and put a sign outside the front door. "Sorry were closing early for a private party, if your invited come on inside."

  She rearranged the tables pulling out her better table clothes, each one a deep red color with a white trim. Every inch of the tables were covered in trays of treats or drinks she had whipped up that morning. "Punch, eggnog, hot chocolate, coffee, That's everything. And I've got. . . Half an hour to get ready!" She quickly undid her apron and hung it up on the rack by her apartment door. She hurried up the stairs to her room, digging into her closet she pulled out a nice- not often used- forest green blouse and black pencil skirt. She matched it with a string of gold beads and black flats, she ended up deciding to have her hair down with a small gold pin holding from her face. There was a ring of the bell and she rushed back downstairs, "Hello Toshinori! Your early!"

"Y-Yeah. I thought I'd come to help set up but it seems y-y-you've already done that. Everything looks great- you look great!" She flushed at his compliment, smoothing out her skirt shyly. The same blush crept onto Toshinori's cheeks as he stuttered out, "I mean nice! You look nice- and great! I mean-"

"Thank you. You look handsome, reds a good color on you." They both fell into an awkward silence, both with a blush still on their faces. "Why do i feel so nervous?" They wondered. Luckily it was broken when the bell rang again as two more of the teachers appeared. "Hey listeners, are you ready to party?"

"Don't get to excited Hizashi, you cant break anything here." Aizawa said releasing the blondes mouth before he headed over to the drink table to pour himself some eggnog. Hizashi groaned annoyed but quickly switched when he saw the mouthwatering creampuffs, his personal favorite. Soon the rest of the teachers came trickling in, laughing and chatting filled the warm space along with soft Christmas music. Kani had quickly found herself in conversation with Midnight and Recovery girl, "i know this is such a family member thing to do but, how is Izuku doing?"

"Oh he's doing fine, improving by leaps and bounds everyday. While still a little shy and not the most self aware, he's one of the best students." Midnight chuckled as she took another sip of eggnog, "This is delicious, does it have nutmeg?"

"And these cookies are scrumptious." Recovery Girl commented finishing off another sugar cookie- she had way more of a sweet tooth then most people thought. "Thank you miss. I'm glad you like them, i was a little worried they'd be a bit too sweet."

"Speaking of sweet, what's going on between you and Toshinori? Are you guys secretly dating or something?" Kani choked on her drink, coughing so violently she had to hand her cup to the women. Her face felt like it was on fire when she finally calmed down, "N-no! Were just friends. T-thats all."

"But your attracted to him right?" Midnight smirked, wiggling her eyebrows. Laughing at Kani's growing blush, "oh don't tease her Nemuri, love is a funny thing. And i think she's not the only one."

"Wha?" She stuttered. The men had made their own little gossip circle near the creampuffs that Mic was stuffing his face with. They all glanced over when they heard Kani start coughing violently, "Is she ok?"

"I bet Nemuri asked her something embarrassing." Aizawa sighed into his cup. "Yes, well we all know she's very blunt to the point."Nezu chuckles- he was standing on a stool so he could be a bit easier to talk to, thankfully Kani gave him a specific stool to use. "So Toshinori you have to tell us about when your first date is going to be. Me and the others have a bet on whether or not you and Kani were dating."

"S-sir!" The taller man's face exploded pink, having a slight suspicion on what Kani had been asked. He peeked over at the girls to find Kani looking at him as well, both blushing harder and turning away. "Hizashi you owe me fifty dollars!" Nemuri called out. Neither Kani or Toshinori could look at each other for the rest of the night, even when he offered to help her clean up after. 

"Go get her hero~" Nemuri wiggled her eyebrows as she left, earning a scowl from the lanky man who closed the door behind her and a slightly tipsy Hizashi. The bell sounded them finally being alone together. "Well that went better then I expected. Everyone likes your desserts so, uh... that's good."

"Y-Yeah. They were all very nice, very straight forward t-that's for sure."

"R-right. Sorry if Nemuri said anything weird. She kinda just says whatever comes to her mind." They duo cleaned up still trying to avoid each other's eyes so they could keep their blushes under wraps. Their hands brushed over each other's when they went to grab a stray cup, "Sorry."

"No it's fine! I didn't see you so it was my fault." Kani stuttered, shaky hands taking the cup from Toshinori. When their fingers brushed again he swallowed his fear and looked into her eyes, "um, would you like to join me for dinner sometime? Sunday maybe?"

"I'd like that."

"Great! Does seven work with you?"