Why Are You Here?

It was only a twenty minute drive and in this time I told Floyd what the key was to a soup as good as this one. 

When we got there I looked at the house. 

It was impressive but not as big as Cam's house, it looked fancy and expensive.  

I took a deep breath and got out of the car. Nash wished me goodluck and I walked with my bowl to the frontdoor. I rang the bell and after some time a sick Miss Dallas opened the door. 

'Yes?' She asked me with red and puffy eyes. 

'I brought some home made soup. I come in peace.' I added to make clear that I definitely did not want to fight with her. 

She nodded and let me in. I admired the house for a second while she walked past me, back to the livingroom. She was wrapped in a blanket. She did not have any make-up on and looked like a completely different person than the person who joined the dinner last night. 

She laid down on the couch and coughed. There were tons of used tissues on the floor and there was a bottle of cough medicine on the table infront of her. 

I shook my head and took off my coat. 

I searched for the kitchen and found it. I looked for a spoon and a bag. I walked back to the livingroom. I opened the soup and placed it infront of her on the table. 

'Homemade chicken soup. I learned to cook it from my dad. I hope you like it. It will do you good.' I assured her.

I began to grabbed the used tissues with the bag covering my hand so I wouldn't get sick myself. 

I made sure all the used tissues were collected and looked up to the sick woman who was sitting up now. She looked at me. 

'Why are you here, after I was that mean to you?' She asked me softly. 

'I know where you are coming from. You did it because Cameron is your son and you probably love him more than anything and I get that. I admire you and I just want to help you. Nobody should be sick without anyone helping them. Cam will come after work and I heard Sierra couldn't make it so I thought you could use some help.' I explained. 

'Thank you.' She told me and took a spoon full of soup, 

She looked at me again and gave me a small smile. 

'This soup is amazing!' She told me. 

'Thank you. Would you like some tea with honey? It helps to soothe your soar throath.' I told her. 

'Yes, please.' She said and I stood up and walked to the kitchen. 

I boiled some water while looking for the tea and the honey. Once I found it I made two cups of tea with honey. 

I took the cups to the livingroom and saw that she was still eating the soup. I smiled to myself and placed the cups on the table. I sat down on the opposite couch and smiled to her. 

She placed the soup on the table and looked at me. 

'I'm sorry for judging you so quickly. It's just that I don't want to see him heartbroken again.' She told me and coughed. 

'I get it. ' I told her. 'Could you maybe tell me what happend?' I asked carefully. 

'He..' She coughed again and took a sip of the tea.

She continued. 'He met this girl and was head over heels. He liked her a lot and he showered her with gifts. He liked her so much that he went blind for the bad things she did. She spend his money and used it only for herself. In the end when she had spend enough, according to her, she left him. She left him heartbroken. He was miserable for months after that. He worked 24/7 ever since and never had time to do something fun or to fall in love again. Until he met you.' She told me. 

I blushed. 'I just hope you don't break his heart because that will be the death of him.' She told me and took another sip of the tea. 

'That's terrible.' I stated. 'It's all clear now. Why he never has fun, why he's always working and everything.' I thought out loud. 

'But you have a kind heart and I'm sorry for being mean to you. I really appreciate what you do for him and for me now.' She told me and smiled. 

'You are welcome.' I told her and took a sip of my own tea.

So this went better than I ever expected.