1. A Familar Face

Toni's POV
"How do you think they'll react?"
"I don't know, we won't tell them yet. Don't you think?" Cheryl suggested.
"Yeah but how? Southside High is closing and I don't know how I'm going to look at you without having heart eyes every time I see you."
"Well you're going to have to. And also, I think I have an idea.." Cheryl continued.
——————————————————

That's the present. But honestly, I don't think it makes any sense. You may or may not know me. I'm Toni Topaz, Southside High's former "it" girl and HBIC of the Pretty Poisons cheer team. Although, let me explain what you just heard. I'll start from the beginning..
——————————————————

"Did you hear who the Serpents are versing?" Jughead asked.
"Us or the football team?" I questioned, rolling my eyes. Despite Southside High having over 500 students the football team was still named after a well known Southside gang. Technically they stole it as the Serpents existed before the football team. Anyways, the school was too lazy and unoriginal to think of a name.
"The football team." Jughead replied. I nodded implying I understood. "They're versing the Northside Bulldogs!" He basically shouted in my ear.
"Geez Jughead, didn't need to scream. When did you care so much about football?" I replied with a low, unimpressed tone.
"I don't care about football. It's just Betty and the River Vixens will be there. I haven't seen her for a while!" He stated.
"Jughead.. I literally third wheeled on your date at Pops last night." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again, just because Jughead and Betty were pretty cute.
"Yeah whatever, but I still am going to get to see her!"
"Are you going to sit in the Northside area?" I asked.
"Maybe, would you mind? I'll still take photos of your team though, like you asked." Jughead usually would respond in rhetorical questions, I liked him actually sounding genuine in asking.
"No of course not, just don't forget about the photos! I need it for the Red and Black." I stated as Jughead nodded in agreement. The Red and Black was the school newspaper.
——————————————————

Jughead was one of my best friends, and fellow member of the Southside Serpents. I hung out with him and my other two best friends Sweetpea and Fangs almost everyday. On most occasions Betty (Jughead's girlfriend) would come over afterschool to the trailers and played video games with us. Betty and I were good friends, not best friends though I always knew hers was Veronica Lodge. Veronica and Bettys relationship was close, I wondered if they had gotten closer then friends at times but that's another story. Anyways, back to school and cheerleading.
——————————————————

The next day
——————————————————

As Jughead informed me yesterday the Serpents were versing the Bulldogs next, and I had to prepare yet another cheer routine. I wasn't sure how good their cheer team was going to be and even though the competition was the football I still wanted to beat them. Betty had told me something about her cousin Cheryl was their HBIC, which I thought was kinda cool. Although, she was on the opposite team and so was Betty. I had to focus on my team for the moment. I instructed the girls on what to do and what to say and they all listened. We were going to kill this game!
——————————————————

The day of the game
——————————————————

Cheryl's POV
"Veronica, Betty, are you listening?" I shouted at the girls, as they were once again staring at each other. They were both my close friends but god them constantly staring at each other wasn't a problem, until they started loosing focus in cheer practises.
"Sorry Cheryl, I was distracted" Betty replied, she sounded genuine so it was good enough.
"Veronica?" I said.
"Sorry." It was once again good enough.
"Well no surprise you two were staring at one another once again but please focus during practise" I stated with a serious tone.
"Yes" they both said in union.
I then demonstrated the routine again, flawlessly obviously and everyone copied. It was a good days work and we were definitely going to show these snakes who we represent.
——————————————————

Game time
——————————————————

Toni's POV
I saw Betty running over, I was happy to see her. From what she had told me her cousin didn't want her coming over here since were competition, which I understood but yet she still came over and I appreciated that.
"Toni!" Betty yelled
"Hey Betts" I replied
"Good luck with your routine, I'm sure you and your team will crush it!" She said
"Thanks Betty, good luck to yours aswell."
"Alright see ya Toni, just thought I should say hello." Betty stated.
I then looked over and saw a beautiful redhead in the Vixens. (Betty had told me that's the name of their cheer team)
"Wait Betty who's that?" I asked
"Oh that's Cheryl! My cousin and one of my close friends, the HBIC. If you're thinking how we don't really look related it's complicated. I might explain later." Betty answered.
"Oh, cool. Well you better get back. I'll see you after the game maybe?" I asked
"Yeah definitely! Bye!"
We exchanged our goodbyes and the game was staring. I wondered about the redhead, but stopped because I was going to get caught staring if I continued any longer.
——————————————————

We performed the routine flawlessly, all the girls were standard but they finally managed to pull a routine off for once! The game then ended with the Northside Bulldogs winning. They may have won the football but I think we definitely won the cheerleading. No offence to the other team though.. Then, she approached me.
"Hey Southside scum, I saw your annoying smirk directly at me during our routine" Cheryl Blossom said.
"Look, Cheryl, if that's your name. I don't really care, I smirk at the competition to throw them off. Clearly it worked because personally I think we were better than you." a few "ooh's" erupted from the girls until Cheryl shushed them.
"I don't know who you think you are but you don't get away with that. I'm Cheryl Blossom, and I won't listen to the queen of the buskers personal opinions valuing herself higher then me"
"Well nice to meet you, I'm Toni Topaz. Southside High's it girl and HBIC" I responded, she wanted a fight and I wasn't going to give it to her. It seemed like she was more pissed off with my positive response anyway.
"Whatever, scum. Don't try and be nice okay, especially with your first statement" she said and then walked off. I said Betty mouth "sorry" following her. This wasn't how I pictured her from Bettys description. Although I could tell she was only acting like this because she was broken. And I was down for a challenge.
——————————————————

A/N: Heyy! So I don't know if this will get any reads but if it does I'll continue. Um, welcome to the story again! I would write on my main account but I don't wanna get judged. Anyways, hope you enjoy this first chapter!
Also, I haven't proofread and can't be bothered to correct so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes!