9. Princess Ponytail

Previously (Toni's POV): "Fangs! I said I didn't wanna third-wheel! I do this enough with Betty and Jughead, cmon!" I complained
"Yup. That's why I invited Cheryl. She thinks I bailed on her right now though so why don't you see it with her." Kevin replied
"Kevin you've set up more dates for the two of us then we actually have" I responded
"Ooh so they're dates huh" Kevin said
"Alright we promise we won't fangirl over you two too much after watching you the entire film. Bye now!" Fangs stated. I saw Cheryl sitting all alone and honestly felt bad, and despite so badly wanting to prove them wrong I went over and talked to her.
——————————————————

Sunday 9:30 PM
——————————————————

Toni's POV:
The boys and I were having our usual conversations when Jughead got a phonecall from Cheryl.
"Hey Toni it's your Northside Queen. Wonder what she's doing calling me." Jughead said
"Just answer it." I sighed. His expression went from a smirk to distress very quickly.
"Cheryl I swear to god if this is a prank" Jughead shouted as I heard a yell back from over the phone.
"Get on your bikes guys. Head to Fox Forest" Jughead stated
"Slow down Jug, what's happening?" Sweetpea asked
"If Cheryl's as serious as she sounds Betty is in serious danger. We've gotta go" Jughead responded as we all headed out. Nobody was particularly happy to be spending a Sunday night going out to the middle of a forest. But Betty was always so kind to all of us. Jughead cared about her so much. So we all went anyways.
——————————————————

Cheryl's POV:
As much as I wanted to be rescued they were walking straight into a trap. I hoped Jughead brought atleast his friends. If not them, all of the serpents. I had no idea why the Ghoulies had even kidnapped me. Betty was understandable because Jughead would do anything. But why me? If it was just for that forced phonecall why were they keeping me here. They had already pressed hot blades to my skin. What was the point of this? My father had probably done something. That's why they were being less rough on Betty. My thoughts were interrupted by the approaching motercycle sounds and Penny Peabody saying "Here they come! Get ready everyone"
——————————————————

Toni's POV:
As we slowed down our bikes Penny Peabody came into our view. With a eyes wide-opened Cheryl tied up on a chair with burns all over her face. Of course Penny had set us and Cheryl up. Why else would Cheryl just casually be in the middle of a forest?
"What's up Juggy, Pinky, others.." Penny said
"What's up is you're keeping Cheryl hostage. Where's Betty?" Jughead replied
"Wouldn't say we're keeping her hostage. You can have her back soon." Penny said
"So you've just tied her up to a chair and burned her face because.?" I asked
"Rather we're just doing what she did to all us. Her father faked buying us out." Penny responded
"Listen to yourself Penny! That's her father! Not her!" I shouted
"Whatever Pinky. We all get our payback in different ways. Her mother will surely be somewhat hurt" she stated
"No she won't" Cheryl muffled a response
"Shut it Red." Penny replied.
"Alright so you've taken Cheryl and my girlfriend hostage for no reason?" Jughead said
"Not for no reason. Maybe nobody cares about Red over there but you all came for Ponytail. And honestly, my boys and I want the Southside back." Penny announced
"The Southside isn't anyone's to claim. We all live here." Jughead stated
"Just where the hell is Betty?" Fangs asked
"Bring her out boys!" Penny shouted. They then carried out Betty. Also tied to a chair like Cheryl. She had a lot less burns then her aswell.
"Betty. Thank god." Sweetpea said, rushing over to her stopped by Penny.
"Not so fast. You take Ponytail you leave Red here with us. Or vice-versa." Penny stated
"We're not doing that Penny! Just get out of the damn way and leave us the hell alone!" Sweetpea shouted, pushing through her and untying Betty. I ran over the other side with Fangs and tried to untie Cheryl. Until the Ghoulies pressed more hot metal against her face. She screamed in pain but shortly after we were running to our bikes. Betty, Jughead & Sweetpea followed closely behind.
"Alright, kill them all I don't care." Penny said, directing the groups of Ghoulies emerging from the shadows at us. They followed behind in cars.
"Sweetpea and Fangs follow me to the Wyrm. Toni, Cheryl is falling unconscious. Take her to the hospital." Jughead shouted. I took a quick route out of the forest, hoping the Ghoulies wouldn't see me. I don't think they would've followed me anyways.
——————————————————

"Someone help!" I screamed, carrying Cheryl's unconscious body on my back into the hospital.
"What's the problem?" A nursed rushed over
"Burns. I don't know how severe just get her a bed or something!" I said and she nodded.
——————————————————

"She's going to be alright. The burns are only second-degree. She's also just for now sleeping, she's probably tired. Do you have any idea how she got these?" The nurse asked
"Gang violence." I stated
"Of course. That's what you get here in Riverdale. Anyways, any emergency contacts?" She asked
"Uh no." I said
"Alright then. You can wait inside until she wakes up if you would like to?" The nurse replied
"I can't actually." I remembered the Ghoulies chasing the boys and Betty. "Could I write a note?" I asked
"Yup. Pens and paper over there" the nurse said, pointing.
"Dear Cheryl,
So you fell asleep. I carried you into the hospital. Don't worry, your mum doesn't know. You've got second-degree burns but the nurse says you'll be alright. I'll be back soon. The Ghoulies are attacking the Serpents. I've got to be there. Rest up
- Toni"
I left the note on a bedside table, heading off to the White Wyrm.
——————————————————

I entered through a door in the back, assuming all the Ghoulies would be out the front. I was surprised they wouldn't spread out but they were all just teenagers in the gang dealing drugs for money.
"Look!" Jughead called out "I know you're only doing this because Penny provides you drugs to deal but listen." Jughead explained "The Serpents can find you jobs and provide you trailers to live in, although you'd have to pay rent once you find a job but still without causing innocent peoples deaths! You could work at Pops as a waiter, or La Bonne Nuit it's underground speakeasy. Bartender at the Wyrm, construction worker for Andrews Construction the list goes on. You can turn your life around! You don't need to continue your life in debt to Penny or cause peoples death over drugs!" Jughead continued. I thought it was a really great speech. About 20 of the what seemed to be about 100 turned over to our side. Another 20-25 just left. Deciding that Penny wouldn't care anyway. Of the 55-60 left charged. It was a rough fight but the former Ghoulies knew how they attacked. They only convinced a few more to join/leave. Once everything was ready I gave Jughead a wave and wished him good luck introducing the former Ghoulies to the serpent. They were still going to have to pass the initiation though. Luckily they were all men. Although, both were pretty foul.
——————————————————

I then raced back to the hospital to see a now awake and stable Cheryl sitting up.
"Cher! Hey!" I said, walking in with the nurses permission.
"Hey Toni. Thanks for your note. Also thanks for not telling my mother. I explained to the nurse everything and they're letting me stay until tomorrow morning." Cheryl replied
"Oh. Cool. So you're fine to come out tonight though?" I asked
"Yeah." She said
"You could come to my trailer if you want. It may or may not be worse then the hospital but atleast you won't be alone. I could even ask Jughead to bring Betty and we could have sleepover type thing" I suggested, finishing with a laugh.
"Yeah actually. Sounds fun. I'll inform the nurse." Cheryl responded. She then re-explained everything, thanking the nurse for being so understanding. We then left and she hopped on my motercycle.
——————————————————

Once we arrived I got off and called Betty.
"Hey Betts. It's Toni"
"I know that, I have your contact saved."
"Okay sorry. Anyways, I've brought Cheryl home from the hospital to my trailer. Neither she or I thought it would be a good idea to go back to her mother. So we thought we have a sleepover and invite you to come?"
"Ooh yes sounds fun! I'll try not to ruin any moments you two have. I should finish with this Serpent introduction soon. I'll be there in an hour or so."
"Okay cool! Tell me all about it once you get here! See you soon."
"See you!"

"Betty should come in an hour or so. We can do whatever." I said
"Do you have any Disney movies?" Cheryl asked
"Only every single one of them! Finally someone apart from Betty who will watch them with me!" I replied
——————————————————

A/N: There's probably so many mistakes in this. I don't proofread. This chapter went everywhere. I think it somewhat made sense though? Bettys coming to the sleepover, ruined the Choni alone moments. Anyways I'll probably start writing that chapter now. See y'all soon!