24. Misconception

Previously (Toni's POV): "Don't you care that she's missing!" I said
"She is not missing. She is.. healing. Now as I said, goodnight." Penelope slammed the door shut.
"Healing from what?" Sweetpea thought
"Is she at the hospital?" Josie said
"Oh my god what if it's to do with her Nana." I stressed and rushed into the car to drive to the hospital.
——————————————————

Cheryl's POV:
I was sitting cross legged on my awful mattress when Sister Woodhouse entered my room. I immediately flinched back.
"Calm down. You've got a phone call, come with me." She grabbed my arm. I didn't say anything and just kept on walking. I hoped it was Toni calling but I didn't think they would accept a call from her.

Cheryl's Phone Call POV:
"Hello?"
"Cheryl, how great it is to hear your voice!"
"Save the act Mumsie, what is it?" I sighed
"Just wanted to let you know I have your friends, and soon your girlfriend. And there's nothing you can do about it! Tell Sister Woodhouse, she won't care." She laughed devilishly
"What do you mean you're going to get Toni soon?"
"You'll see soon. Bye now!" She hung up.

Before Sister Woodhouse could acknowledge that she had hung up I quickly dialled Toni.

Toni's POV:
"She's not here, neither is her Nana" Sweetpea walked back from the reception desk of the hospital
"So what did she mean she was healing?" Josie questioned
"Maybe mentally? I don't know why she wouldn't tell us though." I thought
"Her mother could've forced her into it and she didn't get the chance." Sweetpea said
I saw some Ghoulies on the way in, we had been cautious with our conversation.
"Maybe she doesn't need help then." Josie replied
"Yeah. I think we're done for the night." We left the hospital

Just when Sweetpea was about to start the car I got a phonecall from a random number. We debated wether or not to answer it and just decided not to.

Cheryl's POV:
"Dammit Toni!" I accidentally said out loud
"Ah, so your mother told you. Let's go." Sister Woodhouse took me back to my room. It could've been worse, if they had found out I had tried to call her I probably wouldn't have been conscious right now.

"Sister Woodhouse wait!" I said before she could shove me into the room
"What child?" She questioned
"Could I make another call to my mother, we ended on a weird note.." I tried to sound convincing
"Sure. Just make it quick." She took me back to the phone booths.
——————————————————

Toni's POV:
I once again got a call and realised it was from the same number, this time I just decided to answer it.

"Hey," Before she could say anything else i immediately recognised the voice
"Cheryl! Oh my god! Where are you? Do you know where Kevin and Archie are?" I fired back
"You know where I am"
"What? Oh. Can the nuns hear you?"
"Yup"
"Okay just please stay safe baby, we're on our way."
"No! Please don't. This is what you want!"
"Why wouldn't we? We're coming to save you. And of course I want you back, why do you seem concerned."
"Just please don't."
"Ohhh, you have to fake it for the phonecall. Love you, bye." I hung up

"That was Cheryl." Josie and Sweetpea looked at me in shock "Drive to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy."

Cheryl's POV:
That was it, Toni was setting herself up. I sensed I would soon get another phonecall.
——————————————————

Veronica's POV:

Toni Topaz🐍:

Toni Topaz🐍:
Cheryl just called from the Sisters. We're headed there, keep looking for the boys.

Okay that's great. Good luck. Call once you've got her and we can meet up.

Toni Topaz🐍:
Will do.

"They found Cheryl, they're going to go get her now." I said
"That's great!" Fangs replied
"Did she say anything about where Kevin or Archie could be?" Betty asked
"Well they haven't got her yet. Maybe?" I said
Everyone smiled.

Toni's POV:
We parked quite far back so that we were far enough that they wouldn't have noticed the car.
"Let me go first, I'll send you a signal if it's alright to get out." Josie suggested
"She's my girlfriend, I'll go and do the same thing. Good idea though." I pushed open the door and tried to run along the road as quietly as possible.

As I approached the entrance I noticed a figure standing in the shadows, I couldn't see who.
"Hiya Tiny!" She said. Penny Peabody.
"What're you doing here?" I questioned
"Y'know, I was really surprised when I heard you were dating the Blossom girl. A northsider? I always thought you and Jones were gonna get together." She responded
"That didn't answer my question, and I'm allowed to be with whoever I want thank you." I wiped the nonexistent dust off my shoulders.
"Weeeell yeah that's true. But I've been paid good money to convince me that it's not. I couldn't care less, but here we go. Get her boys!" She gestured to me and suddenly a bunch of Ghoulies started charging at me. I tried running and screaming for help but the car was way too far for me to reach, and I was wearing heels. Curse the party! I was caught up to and chloroformed almost immediately.

Sweetpea's POV:
"HELP!" I heard a distant scream from what sounded like it was Toni
"Did you hear that?" I ended Josie and I's kiss
"Yeah, it's unfortunate it ruined the moment but it's also unfortunate that it sounded like Toni." She replied
"Hey this isn't funny!" I yelled into the street, now standing outside of the car. No reply. I looked at Josie with worry in my eyes. I had already lost 1 of my bestfriends while trying to save Cheryl and I couldn't loose another. But, it seemed I had. So I called the remaining best friend.

Cheryl's POV:
The door opened, meeting my expectations.
"One last phonecall. It's your mother again." Sister Woodhouse dragged me, I wondered why I would never get another nun dragging me but I didn't care.

Cheryl's Phone Call POV:
"So you've got her?" I began tearing up
"Yup! She's with your other friends."
"Why! Why do you need to do this mother! There's no motive! There's nothing!"
"To see you suffer. Now, I've actually got you an offer. Either.. you ready?"
"Okay?"
"Either we let you and your friends free and keep her here or vice-versa. But on one condition with the second one."
"Let Toni free-" I interrupted
"Hold on. You didn't hear the condition yet."
"I don't need it."
"I think you do!"
"Fine! Just tell me!" I snapped
"She'll be surrounded by Ghoulies, you'll be surrounded by nuns. You have to break up with her. If you don't, you'll both be killed. And you are to have no attempt to resolve this at school. I'll be watching."
"You wouldn't" I began crying
"You know I would."
"Whatever! I've caused her nothing but pain! Just let her free and I'll agree to your stupid terms" I broke down.
"Good girl. Now give the phone to Agatha"
At this point I had tears all over my face and just assumed Agatha was Sister Woodhouse, I couldn't be bothered listening to the whispers of their conversation. All I know is I was about to be let free, but really just about to be let into another prison where my mother held the keys.
——————————————————

A/N: I feel like writing another chapter so I'll probably do that now. Hope you enjoyed!
(Also Cheryl really forgot brosbeforehoes 😔✊ IM KIDDING LMFAO)