I Thought I Lost Him Forever

It's been four years. Four. Long. Years. Since I was trapped by the Hunters. Trapped or rescued, depending on my mood. It took them about two months to figure out I didn't have any information for them. It took Zalgo about three days to figure out I didn't accept him as a father, and twice as much time for me to convince Decker, the man who runs the Hunters and the first Hunter I met verbally, to put me in a different, better cell.

Since then I've been moved five times, each to a better and better room. I've trained with the other Hunters as a Hunter for the past three and a half years. Now I'm Decker's right hand, general of the Hunters. My lieutenant is a young Hunter that shares my ideals: just because they're different, doesn't mean they should be killed and tortured. His names is, surprise surprise! Nick (l/n)!

I was the one to find him in the middle of a desert while scouting for possible places the creepypastas could use. He, apparently, had more of Zalgo's genes then we thought. He looks a lot more like our father then I do. Gray skin, same horns as me, black hair, red eyes, etc.

For a few weeks, I was hoping Jack would actually rescue me. I didn't want to live like them, but I missed him and Toby and the rest of the creepypastas that went to school with me, even if only for a few days. It took me a while, but I figured out that, in the two days that I knew him, I had actually fallen in love with him. I still am, but I don't let myself think about it.

I've also grown. I'm stronger, better built then I was before. I can turn my flame-up, as my brother and I call it, on and off. I can set other things on fire on command. Shadows are also a strength to me. I can bend them, use them for travel, lock others inside them, stuff like that. Which is really useful when my brother wants to play a prank on someone else and I want in. Of course, with every prank comes a fleeting thought of Ben, and how he'd wanted to pull pranks with me.

I've changed up my wardrobe as well. Now I'm usually wearing a black cloak over black jeans and a crimson, skin-tight halter top. It's black and dreary for a demon of fire and shadow, but you won't believe how cool it looks when I light up.

Strangely, perfectly, the only thing about the my old body that has stayed with me are my eyes. My perfect, beautiful, (e/c) colored eyes. Only, now my entire eye is that color/s and glows when I set myself in fire. (My hair became just a slight shade more red.)

Right now, my brother and I are sitting in a tree, deep in Slenderman's forest, scouting. There's been a lot of sightings here, so I volunteered to come out. Decker doesn't think my heart is always in it, and he knows I could never shoot them on sight, but he let me go anyways. 'They might recognize you and let their guard down,' is what he said. And he's probably right, but I didn't ride through their ranks to capture creepypastas.

In fact, because of my brother and I, there have been a large number of escapees. We're careful with who we help, and, amazingly, we haven't been caught. Honestly, I'm hoping I will see someone I know. I'm tired of the life of a Hunter, and I've only been living it for a few years. My brother agrees, and he's been here for only two.

Movement catches my eye. A blue streak dashes from one bush to another. Not Candypop blue, either. Jack blue. I tap my brother, signalling to stay here, I'm going in. He nods and continues to look the other way.

I silently drop to the ground, darting behind a thick tree. I wait until I see Jack go to another bush. He's heading for the Hunter's base. I follow him, slowly catching up, until we're only a few miles from my home.

I sneak up behind him and grab him. Immediately, he starts thrashing. "If you don't want to get caught, stop fighting." He stops struggling so wildly, only trying to wiggle out of my grasp. I have on hand covering the eyeholes of his mask, another across his neck. "Better. I'm going to blindfold you, so don't look and don't move." It hurts to hold him.