I am the Luckiest Man Alive

Yeah, I know. 😏 I'm a bitch, but I had to leave a real cliffhanger somewhere. 😁😝
Jack's POV

I'm sitting next to Bloody Painter, playing Mario Cart. Ben is still out like a light, so all of us teenage killers are monopolizing the biggest tv in the house, which is in the living room, between us. Ben is almost playing something on it, so unless he wants to kick our asses, we never get to play any games.

But, ever since I told everyone (y/n)'s theory about him cheating by messing with the coding, no one really wants to play with him. It's the one form of cheating none of us can monitor.

At the moment, I'm kicking poor reclusive Helen's ass. The proxies are playing some sort of game on the computers, shouting cures at each other when someone does something that pisses another off. The girls are shouting at Helen and me, egging us on or insulting us. Jeff isn't here. A smart move, really. The next time I see him or Jonathon, I'm going to do worse to them then what (y/n) had done.

Coming to that thought, I remember the game. I clear my throat, not taking my sights off the screen. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I just had a realisation."

We have a bit of an inside joke about the human's jury system.

Anyways, the room goes quiet except for Mario cart, as everyone's listening. That's one of the few rules around here. If someone calls your attention, you better listen up.

"I have officially won our little gamble," I pointedly glance at the proxies, though they look confused.

"The four-year old one about claiming (y/n)?" Lulu says, just above a whisper. Her and Helen almost never talk. They're shy like that.

I nod. "I asked her to be mine, and she agreed. And guess what? I did it before Jeff and his lackeys tried to rape her," once again, I shoot a death glare at the trio and the girls. "What was it we agreed on? Losers split the winner's chores for a year?" I coo mockingly.

The proxies groan loudly and turn back to their game. "I never actually participated," Jane pipes up, only to be elbowed by Clockwork.

I cant help the big ass grin that flashes my razor-sharp teeth. I focus again solely on the game. In minutes, I've crossed the finish line for the final time, leaving Helen in third place. He groans, muttering several complaints about game controls before handing Lulu the remote. She sits down next to me, glancing at me. I give her a cocky grin. She, believe it or not, is very good with video games. She's just too shy and humble to admit it.

Before we start playing, I hear chairs crashing to the ground and watch as the proxies raise their weapons. What the- my thought is cut off when I see a girl leaning in the doorway.

On reflex, I jump up, pull Lulu behind me, and raise my scalpel. Jane and Natalie raise their own weapons, but Helen just looks at the (brunette/blonde) girl. Damn. My mask is up in my room. Why is there a human girl here? She looks almost an adult, judging by her body, but her face says teenager. She's pretty tall. Almost as tall as me.

"You're the new girl." He whispers. New girl? "We didn't get to meet. I'm Helen. Nice to meet you." He holds out his hand to the girl. She smile and takes it, shaking it once. Helen pulls away slightly faster then normal, shaking his hand a little. "You're really warm. I sort of expected you to be hotter."

She shrugs. "I've had a bit of a makeover recently. I'm usually too hot for a human to handle. It's nice to meet you, Helen."

That voice. Before I can put a name to it, there's a lot of scrambling. I look and notice the Proxies have disappeared under the table. Right now, only one person could get that reaction out of any one of them.

I look back at (y/n), aw filling my brain. In less then a week, she's mastered looking human... She's amazing.

Her (e/c) eyes scan the room, a smile still on her face. She looks over Jane and Natalie, obviously ignoring their own shock. Her eyes land on me, and I realise this must look pretty bad, considering that she is my girlfriend, and I'm standing very protectively in front of the only other girl in this place I trust on any level.

Instantly, I drop my weapons and cross the room to her in five paces, take her up in my arms and just hold her. I dont care if the others are staring. I can finally hold her like this, and not have to worry about her hurting all the way through it. I can hold her without getting overheated myself.

She hugs me back, and we just stand there in silence. Finally, Painter clears his throat. We're probably making them uncomfortable, so I pull away. Although, I keep one arm around her waist, keeping her at my side.

"Lulu, come here." I wave the girl over, keeping my tone pretty light and gentle. She comes forward, still looking scared. "(Y/n), this is Lulu," I introduce them, "Her and Helen are pretty unique around here. They don't kill as often as the rest of us do. And they're about the only ones you can trust with your wallet or car keys." I tell my girlfriend, half joking.

She smiles at Lulu and holds out her hand. Little Lulu flinches, making (y/n) draw back a bit. She looks quizzically at the eyeless girl. She steps forward, slowly, and hugs Lulu! We all just stare, shocked. Lulu looks very scared and stiff, but eventually just relaxes into it. She even hugs back!

The only ones that touch Lulu are Sally and Offenderman, and one of them only does it to make a pass at her. Of course, Offender is the only one that can withstand her attacks. She gets into this fury when she's touched. It's trauma from her life.

After another moment, Lulu hugs a little more confidentially, a small smile playing on her lips. Of course only (y/n) could do this. I smile widely, proud that Im dating the only person who can hug Lulu and get her to smile and hug back. She truly is amazing.

Finally, (y/n) pulls away just as slowly, if not slower, then when she hugged her. She takes Lulu's hands, smiles at her, squeezes her hands gently, and comes back to my side.

I wrap my arm around her and watch as Lulu goes back to sit on the couch, taking Jane with her so they can play. Helen and Natalie go over to the table. Natalie kicks under the sheet, hitting someone who says 'ow'. Painter flicks up the table's cover, revealing the three boys huddled together. They automatically look at (y/n), but she's not watching them. She's ignoring them too. Instead, she's looking at the tv.

"Lulu's a good gamer." She comments.

I look at the television. Of course, Lulu is leaving Jane in her dust. "Yeah. Second to Ben, and Ben alone."

She nods before turning, grabbing my arm, and pulling me out of the living room. We walk up stairs until we're on the roof. Or as close to it as we can get without Slenderman's help.

I only get a second to take in the view before she's kissing me. It's still very warm, and I'm sure I'm still very cold to her, but my face isn't burning. She feels good. No, not good. Perfect.

I bend down, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her up into me. Her arms are around my neck, one hand entwined in my hair. I want her closer, but there isn't much of a way for us to be any closer without actually fucking. Still, I tighten my grip on her waist.

I part my lips slightly, taking in her taste. It's intoxicating. The only thing keeping me from actually eating her is my love for her.