Prologue

Gordon Bombay, Number 66, skated to the center with his Minnehaha Waves jersey on

Gordon Bombay, Number 66, skated to the center with his Minnehaha Waves jersey on. The score was 4-1 in favor of the Waves. He faced another younger hockey player as he scowled at Bombay. When the puck dropped, the two pushed each other around before the puck got stolen. Bombay finally knocked the younger player down and skated around, keeping his eyes glued to the puck. In the right moment when the puck was being passed, Bombay raced down the middle with the puck. Bombay started the Triple Deke as the goalie followed the puck. When Bombay shot, the puck sailed in. Bombay threw his hands in the air from his victory. Bombay's teammates on the ice came over and tackled him in a group hug.

Bombay then skated in the center. When the puck dropped again, Bombay then raced off with the puck, making the young player slam into the glass. He turned around to see what happened, but when he turned back, another player came up and smashed him into the glass. Then another player charged for Bombay, making a sandwich out of him against the glass before skating away.

Bombay let out a bloodcurdling scream as he dropped on his side. He tried to get back up, but the pain stabbed his knee again. The ref and one of his teammates came over to examine what happened before more players came over to help him along with a first aid specialist. One of the team members then took his helmet off and slid a towel under his head. When he tried to get up, he let out another bloodcurdling scream and groans. From the pain, he only stared up at the blinding light he was under. With a white light behind, he saw Victoria.

"Coach! Coach! Coach, your gonna be fine! Your gonna be ok!" She nodded her head while trying to comfort him.

"Vic!" He croaked out. "It hurts!" He screamed, gripping his injured knee.

"Your gonna be alright Coach, it's gonna hurt, but you'll be fine." Vic smiled at her Coach. Bombay fluttered his lashes, with his eyes rolling to the back of his head before passing out.

"Coach! Coach! Stay with us!" He heard Victoria's voice call out.

The next thing Coach opened his eyes to see was doctors pushing him on a stretcher into a hospital and through double doors into the ER before screaming out in pain.

A few months later...

Gordon Bombay had a successful knee surgery and started walking with a cane due to doctor's orders.

In the night, in the pouring down rain, Bombay arrived on a Greyhound bus in Minneapolis at the same bus station he left from, in front of Mickey's Dining Car.

When the bus let off all its passengers, Gordon looked around, "It's good to be home." He sighed, then turned around, hearing a car horn behind him.

The car stopped in front of Bombay, "Welcome back, Gordon!" An older man smiled.

"Hello, Jan! (Yaa-Nuh)" Bombay smiled at Jan.

"Get in, get in!" He waved his arm, Bombay then stepped into the car, then the two embraced each other.

"It's good to see you, Hans couldn't make it?"

Jan scoffed, "Don't get me started on that stroodle-head, he went back to the old country for the summer. Left the shop all to myself, he wanted to visit our mamma," He paused. "She loved him more ya know." Bombay chuckled before Jan started driving away in the summer night rain.

" Bombay chuckled before Jan started driving away in the summer night rain