Chapter 21

After Team Iceland left the ice in shame, the only two who had their heads held high were Gunnar and Olaf. They both knew deep down inside that Stansson was gonna kick the shit out of them but they knew it was all worth it.

The team skated around on the ice together, with red, white, and blue lights dancing on the ice. Adam was given an American flag, he skated up to Charlie, stopping. The two smiled at each other. Adam gave Charlie the flag, slapping each other on the arms before Charlie started waving the flag around, running towards the team with Adam closely behind. He then gave the flag to Dean who held it high and proud in the air while skating around the rink. Then the press came out on to the ice to snap some pictures of us.

After our pictures with the press, we were all given our medals, even I was awarded a medal since they saw that I was a player and not a coach. The medal ceremony was probably my favorite because it was just so amazing. I didn't know what to do. It was like all time stood still when the crowd roared and chanted our names from their seats which made me cry.

When walking out of the rink, the same guys from before opened the gates so we could all go into the tunnel, back to the locker room. Adam and I lingered behind to take everything in together as we stood in the middle of the rink.

"OH MY GOD! THERE HE IS!" A girl screamed in a Welsh accent, making our heads look over to where the screaming came from. The girl with the Welsh accent was pointing at us with a bigger group of girls behind her. They were also screaming.

"COME ON, COME ON!" An older girl waved her hand as she hopped the railing of the stands and ran out on to the ice. She had wavy brunette hair that was covered by a red, white, and blue beanie with a fluffy pom-pom at the top.

Then the rest of the girls hopped the railing and ran out to us, smiling and screaming like maniacs. They were all different ethnicities, ages, and heights, all beautiful girls. I linked my arm with him as we met in the middle with the group of girls.

"Oh my fucking God, I can't believe we're meeting you guys!" One girl screamed, she had black glasses with her hair in a messy bun.

One girl stepped forward from the group, she almost reminded me of Kat from Casper. Italian, long dark brunette hair and thick eyebrows with glowing skin, "Hi, we're sorry for screaming and making a scene but we're the Banksy Babes!" The group of girls went silent, all smiling widely while nodding their heads as the Italian girl introduced the group.

"See I told ya you'd have fangirls." I winked at Adam.

"We're not just fangirls! We love everything Ducks and Adam Banks!" A girl with wavy brunette hair with pink highlights and a round face smiled.

Adam beamed at the group of girls, "Well it's nice to meet you, beautiful ladies."

"What are your names?" I smiled, looking at the group.

"I'm Katherine, but people call me Kat." The Italian girl waved.

"Matilda." The girl with the pink highlights and round face beamed.

"Bailey." A girl with a smaller face and brunette hair spoke out.

"Brianna, but you can call me Bri." The older girl name Bri waved and fixed her beanie on her head.

A redhead with long lashes and lots of makeup stood on her tiptoes in the back of the group, raising her hand, "Vaeh."

"Shannon, but call me Shan. I'm from Wales." The Welsh girl smiled, twirling a piece of hair in her finger, oogling Adam, popped the gum in her mouth she was chewing.

"Aali." A darker skin girl with matching dark hair waved, shoving her hands on her coat pockets.

"I'm Addy." Another darker-skinned girl spoke out, pushing up her retro framed glasses on her nose, smiling at the two of us.