Chapter 20

Team USA stepped out on to the ice as a different team. A new team. We came into the rink through the tunnel as one voice. My hair in a sparkly new Ducks bow with my new Ducks varsity jacket and scrunchie.

"It's not Team U.S.A. Yes, it is! They've got on new uniforms! They're wearing the logo of the Duck! I've never seen this before!" The announcer said from his high spot in the stands over the loudspeakers.

The team skated around the ice while Coach, Ms. McKay, and I went to the benches, calling our team back.

"Ok team let's get fired up!"

"Quack." The three of us coaches smiled, then everyone smiled, putting their hands in the center.

"QUACK!"

"QUACK!"

"QUACK!" The whole crowd started quacking along with us.

"Hverjir eni bestir?!" (Who is the best?)

"VIKINGARNIR!" (Vikings)

"Hverjir eni bestir?!" (Who is the best?)

"VIKINGARNIR!" (Vikings) The Iceland team screamed.

The crowd then all got up and started singing We Will Rock You replacing rock with Quack.

"Hey sis," I turned myself around to look at Fulton calling me. "Time to get your war paint on." He smiled, throwing me a silver canister. I already knew what was inside.

"Yes, I do think it is time for the war paint to make a return." Nodding my head, I opened the canister, but I also felt a pair of eyes watching me. I turned to see Stansson staring at me. Dipping my fingers in the paint, setting the canister down, I dipped my other set of fingers in the paint. Placing my fingers under my eyes, I dragged them across my face, all while staring down Stansson with my red, white, and blue war paint smeared on my face.

Goldberg stood in front of the net, spinning and dancing around in his gear as the crowd sung our theme song, then over the loudspeakers, our song came on.

Jesse started in the center against Gunnar. He immediately pushed him down, racing up the wall with the puck, passing it to Connie before getting rammed into the glass. Connie spun around, passing the puck to Ken giving some time to Connie to score. He passed the puck to Connie who slapped it in the goal.

Jumping up from my seat, I raised my fists in the air, "YEAH! GO CON!" Everyone skated to her, giving her a group hug.

On the light boards in the corners of the rink had the words 'GO DUCKS GO!' flashing on and off.

Averman started in the center, getting knocked down. He chased Gunnar with the puck. Gunnar shot the puck, but Goldberg dived and saved the puck, letting Averman go behind the net with it.

"AVERMAN! BEHIND YOU!" I screamed, Gunnar was coming up right behind him to steal it.

It was already too late, Gunnar stole the puck, slapping it into our goal. His teammates surrounded him in a brief hug before Coach called a time out to talk about a plan Charlie had made.