Chapter 3

The next day, I woke up like Coach instructed and went to the old rink with my Ducks coaching gear on and my hair in a high pony.

The Ducks were all getting dressed in the locker room when I arrived. In the way back, Charlie was sitting on the bench trying to untie his laces on his skates but was miserably failing. Coming up behind him, I took the skates from his hands.

I heard Charlie chuckle before he turned around, looking up at me untying his skates, "You'll never be able to untie them," I started, then held the skates in my hands by their laces. "Will ya?" Looking down at Charlie, he smiled.

"Nope." He took the skates from my hands and put them on.

I then proceeded to walk around the locker room to check on everyone. Banksie was chatting with Fulton while wrapping his stick with new tape, and Fulton was putting on his pads.

Fulton then turned to notice me looking, he then brought me close for a side hug, "Hey Vicki."

I smiled, "I'm surprised those jerseys still fit you guys." Looking up at Fulton, then at Banksie who was wrapping his stick still but looking at me.

"I am too." Fulton raised his brow before slipping on his Ducks jersey.

When Banksie finished wrapping his stick, he sat down to put his skates on. I was about to walk away when I turned around to face Banksie as he slipped on his skates, "Hey," I said softly, making him look up. "I missed you."

A small smirk swept his lips, "I missed ya too." He replied. When I turned around, I was smiling while biting my lip before going to check on everyone else.

When the Ducks got into the rink, Coach Bombay was in his new USA hockey sweats, talking to Mr. Tibbles. On the far side of the rink, I saw five kids skating around in different colored jerseys.

When I got over to Mr. Tibbles and Coach, Coach smiled at me, "Ah-ha! There she is! Mr. Tibbles, meet my Junior Assistant Coach, Victoria Reed." He introduced me to Mr. Tibbles who smiled as we shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you Victoria." He then unzipped his leather jacket. "I'm sorry about not getting you proper coaching clothes like what Gordon is wearing but I'll get you some as soon as possible."

I smiled and waved my hands, "Oh no! There's no rush!" A fake smile spread on my face.

"Now, down to business," Coach clapped his hands together as the three of us turned our attention to the five skaters. "Tell me about our new kids."

Mr

Mr. Tibbles waved his hand, signaling for them to come over to join us. There was a very pretty girl in a goalie uniform in the front while the rest were boys. Two taller boys stood in the back, one with a cowboy hat and the other with the sleeves ripped off his jersey showing his tattoo. The other two boys behind the female goalie was Mediterranean looking with a South Florida jersey and the other was a short Asian.