Chapter 11

Later That Saturday Night...

Since curfew was 9, Fulton and Dean had decided to sneak out the window of their dorm bedroom and tail it for the city to get ice cream and buy a bunch of things from a toy store.

Fulton had come across red, white, and blue face paint in the same canister he had his old black paint in, "Hey Fulton!" Dean was looking for him everywhere in the store with a bunch of things in his hand. "What are ya doing?" He came up to Fulton who was staring at the canister.

"Thinkin' 'bout Vicki. Probably gonna get this face paint for her." Fulton tossed the canister in his hand, catching it.

"Why would she want face paint?" Dean scoffed.

"It's a tradition, man," Fulton replied. "It's our tradition."

The two bought all the things they wanted and walked out shoulder to shoulder with giant yellow bags in their hands. Two girls then stepped out from a shop, walking in front of them.

"Fulton! Talk to 'em! Talk to 'em!" Dean whispered, nudging Fulton in the shoulder.

Fulton cleared his throat and traded places with Dean, "Hey ladies," He smiled and got the two girls' attentions. "Nice night for a stroll, wouldn't ya say?"

The two giggles and walked away. The two boys fist-bumped, "Man, no curfew is gonna keep us down!" Dean smiled. "Ice cream." He pointed to the ice cream store nearby, the two were about to go in when Coach Bombay and Marria walked out, both eating chocolate ice cream.

"Wait! I thought Iceland was covered with ice!" Coach Bombay walked arm and arm down the sidewalk, then he scooped some ice cream with his spoon from his plastic bowl.

"No, it's very green!" Marria smiled.

Marria licked her cone, "I thought Greenland was green."

"Greenland is covered with ice and Iceland is very nice," She then took another lick. "I would imagine Minnesota is like that, where you're from."

"How do you know where I'm from?" Coach Bombay looked to Marria.

"Well, I asked around." She explained. The two continued walking down the sidewalk while Fulton and Dean came out from behind a nearby tree.

"Look at this!" Dean threw his hand in the air, gesturing to the two. "She's an Iceland chick!"

"What's he doin' with her?" Fulton scrunched his face.

Dean shook his head, "Some coach we got." Then he walked away. Fulton looked at the two walking down the street and frowned, following behind Dean.

As Coach Bombay and Marria walked down the sidewalk, Miss McKay was out walking and enjoying the night when she saw Coach Bombay and Marria walking towards her.

She decided to stop the two and say hello, "Gordon!"

"Michelle!" He smiled, turning towards the darker blonde.