Chapter 16

When we got back to the dorms, I decided to take a walk over to the rink. Iceland was practicing today before their game tonight with Russia. I wanted to tell Olaf and Gunnar that I wanted to go out on a date with them. Since I knew where their locker room was, I hid in a shady corner, waiting for Gunnar and the team to pass by, since I didn't want to be caught with him.

When the team all walked by me, I was looking for Gunnar, he was the last person to pass by, so I grabbed his arm and dragged him into the shady corner, "Vicki! What are ya doing here?!" He whispered, embracing new in a tight hug, which I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I wanted to come and see ya." I chuckled quietly.

"I'm sure you just didn't want to come and see me just because."

"Well your partly right," I chuckled, we broke away. "See I wanted to come and tell ya that I'm free tonight and maybe you could take me on a "proper" date." I stood back on my tiptoes and fixed loose sweaty strands of his brunett hair off to the sides of his face.

Gunnar smiled down at me, "Ok, where should we go?"

"I think we should play all that by ear for right now, but meet me at the ice cream shop and take a bus there so no one is tailing you."

"Skeptical much?" He raised his brow, playfully, and bought me close by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why, is it obvious?" I raised a brow, looking up at him.

"Ja, just a little bit."

"Ok, meet me at the ice cream shop at 6." I stood up on my tiptoes one more time to plant a kiss on his cheek, more towards his nose.

"Alright, ice cream shop at 6." He then picked up my hand and kissed my knuckles before returning the gesture of kissing my cheek, then walking away to the locker room.

Coming out of the dark corner, I went to go find Olaf, but I remembered that he didn't pass by me while I was looking for Gunnar. I waited until I knew all the Iceland players and Coach Stansson left with Marria before going back to the ice. There he was.

Olaf was in his hockey gear still, skating around the ice with his hockey stick in his hand. He went back towards the middle of the ice and skated around a puck that was in the center before pushing it forward with his skate before taking off with it. He skated towards the net but made other moves on the way. Cutting the edges of the ice, turning around, skating backward while moving his stick back and forth before he rounded the net and slapping it the net.

I decided to make myself known by walking into the rink and opening the gate. Olaf turned his head and immediately started skating over to me, abruptly stopping in front of me, grinning through his helmet, "It's about time you came to visit me."

"Ya well damn you for leaving me like that on the side of the building and looking at me at the beach." I punched his chest, he didn't feel anything because he had his pads on.

"Oh, so you did enjoy that. Wish I could have stayed to see your pretty little face heat up." He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him directly.

"Well anyway, I wanted to tell you I'm free tomorrow night so meet me at the coliseum entrance at 6," I then snaked my arms up his chest, to his neck, and wrapped my arms around him. "And don't be late!" I scolded, playfully hitting the side of his helmet and stabbing a finger at him.

"If I get to go on a date with your sexy ass, you know I won't be late!" Olaf chuckled before looking down at my butt which made me slap him again. "What?! It's true!"

"Ok, well, don't be late, Olaf!"

"Oh, so, you finally warmed up to me that your calling me Olaf, huh?" He then took his helmet off and tossed it on the ground, running his fingers through his sweaty bright blonde hair.