Chapter 18

After I dumped my purse and stuffed penguin off in my room, I was practically beelining to practice. Running at full speed. I was still so shocked that I slept with Olaf Sanderson and I had a steamy make-out session with him. So many emotions were racing around in my head.

I knew I was gonna regret wearing my dress to practice but I had no choice, I was already late as it was.

The team was already out on the ice practicing. Coach and Jan were watching everyone do a tug of war battle. When the gate opened, Coach automatically turned around and started for me, his clipboard in his hand, and his whistle dangling from his neck. I ready for him to start yelling at me that I had an excuse already made up.

"Hey Vicki, are ya alright?" He smiled patting my shoulder.

My eyes went wide, "Uh-uh, yea-yeah, doing lots better." I nodded my head.

"Yeah, Connie and Julie told me you were nauseous this morning."

"Did they?"

"Yeah, but that's not really what you normally wear to practice." Coach gestured to my outfit.

"Oh, yeah, I didn't have any clean practice clothes." I lied, rubbing the back of my neck.

Coach smiled, patting my shoulder, "Well we have lots of work to do for tonight's game against Canada." He led me over to the team.

After practice, I stayed in the locker room and waited for Jules and Con to get out of the showers.

I was sitting on the stool in front of my locker which was also near Jules and Con's locker. They came out in their clothes with wet hair, trying to ring it out with their towels.

"Don't ask us to do something like that again," Connie said dryly, throwing her towel in her locker before sitting down.

"I didn't ask for you guys to lie for me!" I snapped. "I had an excuse already made up."

"Where were you anyway?" Julie raised her brow, giving off a worried expression.

Chuckling nervously, I rubbed my neck "Well I didn't expect to pass out and wake up in his bed if that's what you mean."

"You slept with him?!" Connie blurted out.

I waved my hands, shushing her, "Don't be so loud! Yes, I passed out and woke up sleeping next to him in his hockey jersey!" I loudly whispered.

"You slept in his hockey jersey!" Julie squeaked.

"Yes, he undressed me apparently and got me into his jersey."

Julie once again squeaked, shaking her hands, before pushing me down in the stool, "Oh my God! I want to hear all about it and go slow." Connie just rolled her eyes and sat down.

"Ok well, when we met up at the coliseum, he was like looking all bad boy greaser like and he took me to the Santa Monica pier-"

Connie cut me off out of excitement, "What was it like?" She half smiled, changing her attitude.

"It's just like in the pictures that you see," Looking to the ceiling, I pictured every detail I could remember about last night. "Everything was so vibrant and alive. The smells, the sounds, everything is burned into my head."

"I can imagine." Julie nodded her head before turning to Connie, then back to me.

"We went on one of the roller coasters and put in the front, but he held my hand the entire time." I smiled into the abyss, replaying the memory in my head. Then we went on the bumper cars, and the ferris wheel twice. Got some nachos and took a picture in the photo booth together."