Chapter 6

When arriving at LAX, we all got into one van while our bags were all being delivered to our hotel and put into our rooms. Jules sat at the window seat while she snapped pictures from her disposable camera with Connie and I having our faces pressed to the window.

When arriving at the hotel, it wasn't a hotel at all. It was a giant dorm room building like for college kids near the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, "Alright everyone! I want you to go to your dorms, get your tracksuits on, and grab your gear for practice for tonight's game." Mr. Tibbles instructed us, then gave Coach Bombay a piece of paper before walking away.

"Ok! Team!" He clapped his hands together. "Fulton and Dean, 208. Dwayne, Luis, Ken, and Averman, 209. Jesse, Goldberg, and Guy, 210, Charlie and Adam, 211, Connie, Julie, and Vicki, 212, myself in 212, and Miss McKay in 213." When we all broke away, Connie, Jules, and I linked arms while going to our shared dorm.

"I'm so excited for tonight, I can already feel my stomach flipping." Connie jumped a little.

"I know right! It's like I could be sick right now!" Jules smiled, looking at Connie.

When the three of us got to our dorm, our bags were behind put down by two men in hats and sunglasses, "Thank you." We smiled, walking into the room, then gave us curt nods before walking out.

Running over to the bed near a big window, "I call the window bed!" I screamed, jumping on the bed landing on my face.

Connie and Julie laughed before dragging their bags over to their beds, a knock then came from the door, we all looked over to find Mr. Tibbles knocking on the open door to our dorm, "Hey there girls! How's the room?" He smiled, walking in carrying a cardboard box with the Hendrix logo on it.

"Great!" Connie nodded her head.

"The reason why I came by is because my assistant just delivered this just now with two other boxes for you Vicki," He walked over and sat the box down on my bed, opening up the flaps to reveal a matching Team USA varsity jacket to match Coach. "Matching coaches jacket with embroidery," He turned it around to the front to reveal white cursive letters with Junior Assistant Coach Reed on the right, then he sat it on the bed. "Sweatpants, shorts, mini skirt, tee-shirts to match the team," He held up the Team USA Hendrix clothes before setting them down on my bed. I heard Connie and Julie come up behind me to look at my clothes. "Black Team USA zip down Polo shirt, matching Polo shorts with a Polo belt all thanks to Hendrix and Ralph Lauren Polo," He held up the shirt, shorts, and white leather belt before setting them down. Connie went over to examine all my clothes on the bed. "White button-down no sleeve Lacoste dress and a matching dress in black with quarter sleeves all thanks to Hendrix and Lacoste and special Nike and Hendrix brand tennis shoes for training which are in the other two boxes which are coming up now."

Jules whistled and looked at all the specialty Hendrix clothes on my bed, "Wow, I didn't think I'd be pampered." Then I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yes, Well that's because you coach for us and Hendrix rewards," Mr. Tibbles smiled, putting his hands in his pockets before his face went into shock when his assistant brought in the other two boxes. One was smaller than the other, "Oh! Almost forgot," He chuckled. "Coach Bombay specially requested these items for you," He took the two boxes, placing the one on the floor which I assumed were my shoes and opened the flaps to the other smaller box revealing a Team USA jersey with Jr. Coach Reed on it and a patch in the front with the letters J, A, C, meaning Jr. Assistant Coach. "Your jersey," Then he pulled out a sparkly Team USA cheer bow and scrunchie. "And your Team USA cheer bow with matching scrunchie." He held them out to show them to me.

My face lit up with excitement. I was so happy that Coach was so thoughtful to get me a jersey, scrunchie, and cheer bow, "Coach knows you all too well." Julie smiled while looking at my mini skirt.