Chapter 7

3rd POV...

After the team showered, they all went back to their dorms to prepare for the party where all players and teams in The Goodwill Games would be seen, along with sponsors, like Mr. Tibbles, and some journalists.

Julie, Connie, and Victoria were all crammed in their small shared bathroom all trying to put on makeup that matched their dresses. Victoria puckered her lips to make sure her lips were all covered in the light pink lipstick while Connie was brushing mascara on her lashes and Julie brushed over her cheeks with blush.

The three girls already had their hair done and jewelry on. Connie had put Victoria's hair in a sleek bun while Julie had her hair down and a gold heart barrette in the back of her hair while Connie had braided half of her hair while the other half hung down.

Victoria then walked out of the bathroom, going to put her dress and heels on which were on her bed. Victoria slipped on the long dark purple dress, pulling the spaghetti straps over her arms on to her shoulders. Her hands ran down the skirt of her dress, bumping over the black flowers as she smoothed it out. Then she sat on her bed, fixing her grandmother's pearl necklace on her neck before putting on her open-toed heels with ankle straps.

Connie then came into the room with her white vintage dress with tiny red roses on it as she fixed her earrings while walking to her bed to put her white open-toed heels with ankle straps.

When she got her shoes on, she turned to Victoria, "Hey do ya mind if ya fix my bow?" Connie then turned around for Victoria for her to fix the giant bow in the back.

"Ya," Victoria then stood up and fixed the bow on Connie's dress on her lower back. "Do ya mind if you zip me up?" Victoria turned around for Connie who carefully zipped up her dress.

Julie then came out of the bathroom with her white heels clicking on the wood floor of the room as she fixed the transparent flowered sleeves on her cream dress, "Guys! Come on!" She whined, placing her hands on her hips.

"Ya, ya, Jules, we're coming." Victoria and Connie then started for the door.

"Wait! Does everyone have their own keys?" Connie then hopped in front of the door, stopping Julie and Victoria leaving.

Victoria then pulled out her key from inside her dress, "Mine is in my bra." She shrugged before putting it back.

"Same with mine." Julie nodded her head in agreement.

Connie then turned to open the door as the three all stepped out of the room. Victoria then closed the door to her shared room before the three walked to the party in the almost dark night.

At the party, there was a loud chatter in the room as music played from a band nearby. Mr. Tibbles was shaking hands with a female journalist in a red dress while Team USA was standing around in a circle drinking some sparkling water in champagne glasses.

Adam and Charlie laughed at Fulton's joke he made about a chicken before going to drink another sip of sparkling water.

Two hockey players stood in the corner of the room, staring at Team USA, "Þvílík sorglegt afsökun liðs." (What a pathetic excuse of a team) A taller blond scowled at the team from afar. The blond had broad shoulders and a big body as his suit complemented his skin, making his blond hair stand out. His hazel eyes pierced daggers at Team USA.

The shorter brunette with long hair that stopped at his chin scoffed, "Þú ert að segja mér, Ólafur. Þeirra eins og galla!" (Your telling me Olaf. Their like bugs!) He then smoothed out his suit coat and fixed his black bow tie.

The blond named Olaf lowly chuckled as the corners of his lips curled, "Já, já, ég get ekki beðið eftir að troða þeim í okkar leik." (Yes, yes, I can't wait to squash them in our game) Then he leaned against the wall.