Chapter 12

The next morning, Miss McKay woke everyone up to go to our lesson. Miss McKay knocked on the door first before opening it, "Rise and shine girls!" Julie and Connie groaned while I threw a pillow over my face.

Miss McKay then walked over to my bed and ripped the sheets off me, then I spoke. My voice just squeaked and cracked. I sounded like a small whimpering dog. From shock, I clutched my throat and tried to speak again, my voice let out a croak. Reaching over to my nightstand and sitting up, swinging my feet over the side of my bed grabbing my water, I took a guzzle before trying to attempt to speak again.

Miss McKay just looked down at me in confusion, "Vicki, are you ok?" She bent down as I croaked out. I continued to make loud dog whimpering sounds while tears poured down my face.

"Vicki? Vicki are you ok?" Julie and Connie shot up from out of their beds, coming to sit next to me on my bed. I scratched at my throat with my fingers and pointed to my throat, waving my hands in front of it.

"Julie go find a doctor," Miss McKay started. "Quickly!" I then started wheezing and gasping for air while making dog sounds. Julie shot up and ran out of the room to find a doctor.

"It's gonna be ok Vic!" Connie rubbed my back in circles to try and comfort me.

"Ok! Who brought the damn wake up dog?!" Dean yelled from in the hallway, before yawning, rubbing his eyes, and stepping inside with the rest of the team behind him.

I still pointed at my throat while wheezing and making more dog sounds, I was trying to say I couldn't speak and that I lost my voice.

Fulton had wide eyes and immediately ran over to sit down next to me on the bed, "What's wrong with her?!" He croaked.

I have never seen Fulton this choked up before in my entire life. Everyone then surrounded me, Charlie and Adam kneeled in front of me with Miss McKay. Guy plopped down next to Connie and rubbed her knee.

"I really couldn't say for sure, but I think she lost her voice."

"Well someone needs to go get a doctor!" Charlie said, shooting up, but Miss McKay stopped him before he left.

"Julie's already doing that, I just sent her." Charlie then kneeled back down in front of me.

I wasn't my best looking for everyone, my hair was a poofy fuzzy knot, my breath smelled, I was in my pajamas, and my face as all red and puffy. After a little while, I started hyperventilating and shaking, still pointing at my throat.

"It's ok Vicki, you need to calm down," Adam grasped my hand and rubbed his thumb on the top of my hand. "Take some deep breaths." I then listened to him as he told me to inhale and exhale.

When Julie came back with the doctor, she also came back with Tibbles, "Hey, hey! What's going on?" He walked over to me with the doctor at his side.

The doctor then bent down to my level, kneeling next to Miss McKay, "Your name is Victoria, right?" I nodded my head which made the doctor smile and takes out a stethoscope. "Now just take deep breaths for me Victoria," He placed the one piece over my chest to listen to my heartbeat as I inhaled and exhaled deeply as told. Then he moved the piece to my upper back. "Ok now I'm going to place my thumbs over your vocal cords, you just say the ABC's, ok?" I nodded my head in agreement. The doctor gently placed his thumbs over my vocal cords. The sound of the letter A barely could come out and be recognized. Then I tried to say B, but my voice sounded like a dog again.

"She's a bit dehydrated," The doctor concluded, taking his thumbs off my vocal cords. "Has she been yelling a lot lately?" He then stood up, Miss McKay did the same.