Chapter 15

After coming back from the beach yesterday, we, as in the rest of the team, didn't see Charlie, Guy, Luis, Ken, Fulton, or Dean at dinner or breakfast today. It was very odd.

What was even odder was that there was a necklace in my bag, in the front pocket of my jean shorts. Connie, Jules, and I had decided to open it in our room to see what it was. Connie and Jules almost passed out when they saw it was a necklace with my nickname. The box wasn't wrapped but had a green bow on it. The green like our old jerseys. The Ducks specialty green. On the inside of the lid, there was a poem written for me.

"Wear this for me,

Close to your heart

I will always be there for thee."

I knew it was from one of the guys cause Gunnar and Olaf aren't the types to write poems. We didn't really have much to go off of but Julie and Connie pinned down two suspects, Dean and Adam. I told them it wasn't Adam because we were only friends, but they didn't think I was thinking straight.

I decided to wear the necklace with my Team USA jersey, some dark wash capris, my high top black Converse, and my lucky hockey bracelet Charlie got me for my birthday. Then I took the bow from the box and wrapped it in the back of my hair with my ponytail.

When we all got breakfast, Jules and Connie were walking shoulder to shoulder with me in the middle, taking our food to our table. Miss McKay also decided to join us at the wood circular table.

"Good morning ladies." She smiled, setting her bowl of oatmeal down, before sitting in the matching wood chair.

"Morning Miss McKay." The three of us said in unison, smiling at the blonde.

Miss McKay admired my new necklace, hanging from my neck, "That's a new necklace."

"Oh! Yeah!" I chuckled, looking down and playing with the chain. "I found it in with my things yesterday when we were all at the beach."

"Ya, her "secret admirer" got it for her." Connie teased, playfully elbowing my arm before I playfully hit her back.

"It definitely suits you." She smiled.

The four of us ate our breakfast and talked about our time at the beach. Jules even asked Miss McKay if she's seen Charlie, Luis, Ken, and Guy this morning. My stomach sank when she said no.

On occasion, I would catch Adam staring at me. I looked up from my scrambled eggs to see Adam staring at me again which made Connie and Julie look too. When we all looked away, we giggle like schoolgirls and go back to our breakfast.

After breakfast, we went to go and train. Our top priorities were to get back to the old ways of training which was to have fun, get fit, and teach Luis how to stop.

We all went to the exercise room. Treadmills, weights, rowing machines, elliptical machines, bikes, everything you could possibly think of in an exercise room was there. We took all of the treadmills there were in the room for ourselves. Connie, Jules, and I were all next to each other, running at the same pace talking and giggling.

"Nice work girls!" Coach complemented from behind us. "You especially Vicki! Keep it up!"

"Thanks, Coach!" We said in unison, smiles spread across our faces as we kept on running.

Coach came around in the front and saw Goldberg struggling to keep up, so he hopped on the back and decided to give him a boost, "How ya doing Goldberg?"

"Lean and mean, Coach!" He briefly looked back and smiled. "Lean and mean!"

Then the three of us girls decided to do some yoga together on some mats we found.