Chapter 17

The next day, Jules and Con were asking me all about my date with Gunnar at breakfast. I had to keep my voice down because I didn't want the others to know about my date yet. I didn't even tell Charlie yet.

At practice, I warmed up with the team except for Adam who was in his sling. Jan even came to practice with us.

Coach had wanted everyone to work on their own weaknesses today so we could fine-tune everything. Coach had put me with Dean to show him soft hands.

"Ok, Dean! I'm gonna pass you this puck, all you have to do is send it back!" I smiled back at Dean who was a good distance away from me.

A crate of pucks at my side with my stick in my hand, "Pretty simple enough." Dean nodded.

Rolling my eyes, I sent the puck over to Dean. He received it and slapped the puck really hard to me. I kinda jumped out of my skin when I cradled the puck, "Dean that was just a bit too hard," I chuckled. "Don't slap the puck like this," I demonstrated with my stick, except I didn't hit the puck. "Glide it over like this," I then brought my stick back and sent the puck over to Dean, who was watching me. "Give it another try. I'm not giving up on ya, Dean." I nodded.

Dean somewhat slapped the puck but also glided the puck over to me, it was somewhat in the middle of good and bad, "Like that?"

"Ya, it's getting there!" Dean smiled confidently at his improvement. "Now we're just gonna keep doing this same thing, back and forth." I then sent the puck over to Dean.

Half of the time we were passing the puck back and forth, Dean was slapping the puck, but he was really trying his best to resist the urge to slap it.

Coach and Jan were walking around when the two came up behind me to watch Dean's progress. Dean had finally established the perfect pass when Coach and Jan came to watch.

Receiving the pass I smiled like a maniac, "Dean! That was perfect!"

"Great job Dean." Coach and Jan applauded his work.

Dean took a little bow, holding his one hand in front of him while his other was behind him, "Thank ya, thank ya." He grinned.

"Now just really concentrate and try to do that same pass again!" I waved my hands in the air before sending the puck back over.

Dean kept his eyes on the puck and sent it back over, it was so close to being perfect, "Here, Dean! Let's try something else!" Coach suggested.

The three of us all went over to Dean who had both of his hands on the butt of his stick. While I brought the puck over with us.

Coach grabbed the puck from me using his stick, "Knee bends?" I asked.

"Yup," Coach nodded before looking at Dean. "So what I want you to do is simple. Move the puck to one side, take a knee, stand, move the puck to the other side, take a knee." Coach demo started to Dean who was thoroughly watching him. Coach then slid the puck over to Dean. He started doing the demonstration Coach had showed him before.

"Vicki, why don't you show Connie how to cut her edges," Jan suggested, pointing out to Connie who was struggling. Jan then took my stick before I walked over to Connie.

"Hey, Con." I waved at Connie, who was in her practice gear with her stick in her hand.

"Hey, Vicki." She huffed from disappointment, placing her hands on her hips.

"Need some help?"

"Ya, and lost of it." She nodded in a sarcastic tone.

I laughed a little before coming closer to her, "What do you think you need help with?" Placing my hands on my hips.