Chapter 2.

"What are you ladies talking about so secretly?" Lisa asked coming over to the group of three girls whispering conspiratorially. Irene, Joy and Yeri looked at her amiably, Lisa was well liked and even admired by everyone. She was the kind of girl who was naturally cool and funny, someone with who you were never bored. And what's more, Lisa could easily liven up any party, and that particular skill was especially appreciated by high school students, who, let's be honest about it, considered drinking and partying the most important aspect of their lives.

"We've heard that a new student is joining the school, maybe even today." Irene seemed overly excited for such a normal thing.

"So what?" Lisa arched her eyebrows.

"And it's not just any student, it's Jennie Kim. She already changed schools three times in the last six months."

"Oh. Never heard about her. Why is she being transferred like that? Is she a bully or something?" Lisa's could help feeling concerned. She absolutely despised any form of bullying and was slightly anxious that she might have to deal with it.

"Not exactly, no. But there are rumors that she is... strange." Irene could barely contain her excitement. Being the one who can share the rumors, especially to a popular girl like Lisa made her beam with delight. Lisa cringed inside, she never liked gossiping. But on the outside she maintained a neutral expression.

"Strange?" she didn't quite understand. How is being strange a valid reason to be moved from school to school?

"Apparently there were complaints that she made other students uneasy with her... unusual behavior." Yeri bumped into the conversation, anxious to get Lisa's attention too. "Some say she has some serious mental issues."

"Nah, that sounds like mean rumors." Lisa shrugged her shoulders, but truth be told, it sparked some sort of weird curiosity inside her. This Jennie Kim certainly was an interesting person, perhaps her presence will make the life in school a little less boring?

"Oh shit, there she is!" Irene pointed with her eyes to the small brunette, who was walking hesitantly along the corridor. Lisa turned her head and froze. She instantly recognized the beautiful face, cat-like eyes and chubby cheeks.

She was looking at the girl from her dreams.

"Lisa, are you alright, you're very pale..." Yeri's concerned voice woke Lisa up from the daydream.

"Do you know her?" Joy wanted to know.

"No, I don't." Lisa uttered weakly. "I just..." she didn't even finish the sentence and rushed to the bathroom, leaving the group of girls completely perplexed.

After repeatedly splashing cold water on her face, Lisa felt a little better. She wasn't crazy, maybe she saw Jennie sometime ago without realizing it and subconsciously memorized her face. And then this face appeared in her dreams. Yes, that must have been it. It was the only explanation. Just a simple coincidence. Relax, Lisa, relax. Her heartbeat just began to slow down when the door opened and the thumping in the chest got stronger and faster again. Jennie Kim slowly entered inside and stared at Lisa with a curious look.

"Hi Lisa." she greeted her, still not turning her gaze away.

"You know me?" Lisa managed to utter faintly.

"Yeah, we met in your dream." her words made Lisa light-headed. Shit, what are you supposed to say to that? "We met in your dream???" What the hell!? How??? What's happening!?

Jennie's gaze never left Lisa's eyes. "Don't be afraid." she said calmly, but, as expected in such situations, these words made Lisa even more scared.

"I'm not afraid." she inhaled sharply.

"It's okay, you don't have to lie, I know how you feel."

"What?"

"It's one of my gifts, I can physically feel people's emotions when I look them in the eyes." Jennie explained as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"That's... bullshit." Lisa managed to regain some of her usual composure.

"You don't have to believe me, I don't care. But just a moment ago you felt mostly scared, a little bit intrigued and a little bit sick in the stomach because you were overwhelmed by the whole situation."

"What the hell!? Are you really able to read my mind!?" Lisa yelled, her anger temporarily taking over her fear and confusion.

"I can't read people's mind, I already said that what I can do is feel their emotions." Jennie's voice was still calm, almost bored. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry that I scared you, but it was inevitable given the circumstances. I promise everything has an explanation, but it won't be easy for you to understand."

"Yeah, I bet." Lisa muttered.

"We should meet tomorrow and talk, are you okay with that?"

Lisa nodded, still dazed. "Where do you want to meet?"

Jennie smiled mysteriously. "I'll tell you in your dream tonight." she whispered and Lisa's eyes widened in disbelief. Jennie went to the door, but just before she left Lisa snapped out of her shocked state and asked:

"Who are you?"

The small brunette paused in the doorway, turned her head back but didn't immediately respond. She played with a ring on her finger for awhile. Finally she replied, squinting her eyes while her face suddenly visibly saddened:

"Believe me, I'd like to know the answer to this question myself."

And then she just left.

***

A/n: Hi reader, did you like the first two chapters? Please consider voting for the story and don't hesitate to leave a comment, I enjoy reading comments a lot! Thanks for your support :)