Chapter 36.

"Lisa! Tell us what happened? What did the director say? What's the punishment?" Jisoo began speaking quickly. They just finished the class and she and Rosé spotted Lisa strolling through the corridor with dreamy eyes and a faint smile on her lips. "And what's up with this stupid grin on your face, you just ruined your future! So why the hell are you smiling!?" Then fear appeared Jisoo's face because Lisa kept grinning like an idiot. "Oh god, it was too much stress for her, she went insane! Rosé! Call the doctor-"

"I'm fine." Lisa calmed her down. "And don't worry, I won't be punished at all." Seeing her friends' surprised faces she explained: "I didn't do it, it wasn't me who demolished the cafeteria."

"Then why the hell did you say it was you in front of the entire school?!" Rosé exclaimed.

"You're hiding something, tell us immediately what happened!" Jisoo pointed her finger at Lisa. But the blonde just laughed, hugged Jisoo and kissed her on the forehead, then did the same to Rosé.

"I love you girls so much!" Lisa said cheerfully while her friends were looking at each other, astonished.

"What was that? What made you this happy?" Rosé asked.

"If you don't tell us everything right now, I swear I'll... I'll-" Jisoo paused, she couldn't think of anything scary enough.

"We'll tell Jennie everything!" Rosé helped her.

Lisa just giggled again, watching Rosé's and Jisoo's confused faces were was certainly very entertaining. But she had enough fun teasing her friends so she explained: "Jennie already knows. And that's why I'm so happy, because we're friends again."

"What!?" both girls yelled at the same time.

"We're so happy for you, but how did that even happen?"

"I'll tell you everything, I swear. Let's go for a pizza instead of lunch. My treat." Lisa offered.

"Great!" Rosé agreed but Jisoo wasn't convinced.

"Pizza? Uhm, I-"

"Oh, come on, I told you a million times you don't have to be on a diet, you look great." Rosé playfully slapped Jisoo's butt.

"Roseanne Park, don't you dare slap my ass like that! At least if you don't want me to slap yours!" Jisoo yelled and jumped to her friend, her hand landing on Rosé's buttocks.

Lisa rolled her eyes, sometimes it was really difficult to believe these two weren't gay.

***

On the next break, the three girls met outside school and headed to the restaurant. On the way Lisa told Jisoo and Rosé all about what happened, including the truth about Jennie's blackouts. Of course, she made them swear they wouldn't tell it to anyone else.

"She has had such a hard life." Rosé commented, her eyes full of compassion. "I don't know if I would be able to survive what she did."

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah I don't know either. Lisa, promise me you'll be careful with her, I know you, sometimes you just want to push things too fast-"

"Don't worry, I'll be very cautious. I won't make the same mistake ag-" Lisa abruptly paused, seeing Jennie waiting for them in front of the pizzeria.

"Jennie? Here?" she glanced accusingly at her friends. "I swear, if this is one of your little plans-"

"Plans? No, we wouldn't do that, right Chu?" Rosé's face was a perfect example of innocence personified.

"Of course we wouldn't." Jisoo replied with a surprisingly similar expression on her face. "I messaged her because going for pizza with three people is never good, because one pizza is too little and two pizzas are too much, so we thought we'd invite one more person-"

"Yeah, yeah, right." Lisa wasn't nearly as naive to believe that. "Didn't I tell you not to meddle-" she spoke angrily, but as they approached Jennie, the brunette offered such a joyous smile that Lisa's anger immediately vanished. Jennie smiling was such a rare sight that Lisa's jaw almost dropped.

"Hi, they didn't tell me you'd be here too." Jennie greeted Lisa.

"Of course they didn't." Lisa gave Jisoo and Rosé a death glare.

"Come on, let's go, I'm starving!" Rosé was of course the one most enthusiastic about eating.

They ordered two pizzas and some drinks, they ate, talked and joked a lot and Jennie was thoroughly enjoying every second of it. For the rest of the girls going out to eat with friends was just a usual thing, but for her it was something new and she loved it. She even giggled a few times at Jisoo's corny jokes or Rosé's anecdotes. Although Lisa seemed engrossed in the conversation, the truth was that she was watching her friend carefully and Jennie's every laugh was warming her heart.

"Do you want to hear a fun story about Lisa?" Jisoo asked Jennie, who nodded enthusiastically.

"No, guys, stop, your stories are always about my most embarrassing moments!" Lisa protested.

"That's what makes them fun." Rosé giggled and Jisoo began telling her story:

"So like two years ago Lisa was at a sleepover at my house. I was sleeping in one room with my friend Tzuyu and Lisa was alone in the other bedroom. In the middle of the night, Lisa jumps into Tzuyu's bed, screaming something about a spider in her room-"

"There really was a spider, I was frightened!" Lisa tried to interject.

"I went to you room to check and I didn't see anything. I still think the spider was just an excuse to-"

"I'm going to kill you Kim Jisoo-"

"To get into Tzuyu's bed." Jisoo finished, not afraid of Lisa's deadly glare. "Come on, admit that you had a crush on her and you wanted-"

"I didn't! And I really saw a spider, I swear!"

"Please, you were so corny! When you went into Tzuyu's bed you cuddled her and said something like:" Jisoo pouted her lips and imitated Lisa's pleading voice: "Please, can I sleep here with you tonight, I'm so scared."

"If you want to know, I thought I jumped into your bed, not Tzuyu's! I thought I was talking to you!" Lisa tried to defend herself, but failed, all three girls were laughing crazily.

"Yeah, sure, Liz, sure." Jisoo went on. "I just wish you could see Tzuyu's face when Lisa said that!"

"Oh, shut up, Chu." Lisa crossed her arms, feigning being annoyed. She wasn't really mad because she noticed how Jennie was enjoying it all, her eyes twinkling happily and a bright smile lightening up her face.