Chapter 23.

Sitting in silence at the kitchen table, Lisa wondered if organizing a party was even worth it. At the moment, she was convinced that it definitely wasn't: she was up until 4 am cleaning every damn corner around the house and only slept three hours before she had to wake up and prepare to leave for school. Good thing that Jisoo and Rosé, reliable as always, stayed and helped her.

"Damn, we look like zombies. And guess what, we have to be in school soon and study for the next eight hours. My brain hurts just thinking about it. " she groaned loudly to Jisoo, who was sitting in front of her. "Did people at least enjoy the party?"

"Don't worry, they did, the party was good."

"Good? Not great?"

"Sorry Liz, it was perfectly fine, but for a party to be great there must be some crazy moment, something that everyone will always remember. Like at Yeri's party last year someone threw the couch in the pool? Things like that."

"Then I'm glad the party wasn't great." Lisa wrinkled her nose and took a bite of the toast. After a moment of brief silence, Jisoo said:

"Jennie looked like she was having a good time. You could even say that by her standards she seemed almost at ease."

Lisa's said nothing but her face brightened up a bit. Okay, maybe organizing a party was worth it after all.

"Good morning." Rosé greeted them in a faint voice, coming from the shower. "I had a dream that a meteor hit the school and classes are canceled. Please tell me it's true so that I can go back to sleep."

"I know how you feel Chae, but I'm afraid it was just a dream." Lisa replied with a painful smile.

"Damn it." Rosé dragged her feet to the fridge.

"Hey, you don't have to look there, I already prepared breakfast for you, milk and cereal." Jisoo pointed to the bowl on the table.

"Thank you Chu, you're the best." Rosé gave her a thankful side hug and brushed her lips agains Jisoo's temple. Both their faces didn't seem so tired anymore.

Seeing them together was like a watching a scene from a romance movie, Lisa felt a growing irritation inside her. She was already on edge because of lack of sleep and it might just have been the last straw.

"Shit, I know I'm probably complete asshole to even mention it, especially after you helped me with with cleaning up this whole mess, but I just can't with you two anymore! I realize I may be an awful, awful person to say that, but have you even considered that you two should just date? Like date for real? You're practically a couple already!"

Two girls stopped eating and pierced her with their gazes, Rosé's eyes were shocked and Jisoo's more like incredulous.

"What the hell Liz-"

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Rosé asked, a hint of anger in her normally very calm voice.

"I know, I know, you're both straight but it's never so simple okay? And clearly you love each other, doesn't that count for something? Besides sexuality can be a complex thing, especially for girls-"

"I can't believe you'd say that!" Jisoo interrupted her. "Yes, we love each other like soulmates, but I'm just not attracted to girls!"

"How would you feel if I told you that you should date a guy because 'sexuality is a complex thing'?" Rosé asked.

Ouch, that was good argument. The thought of being with a guy made Lisa wince. Maybe indeed she went too far. But she didn't want to give up just yet.