Chapter 44.

After a romantic dinner, Jennie finally revealed her surprise to Lisa for the evening: they were going dancing. Lisa was more than delighted to hear it, but at the same time she was deeply touched. Because Jennie didn't know how to dance, but she made that choice anyway because she knew how Lisa loved it. Fortunately, Lisa was a patient and intuitive teacher and Jennie was a fast learner: after the blonde shower her some simple steps, the brunette quickly grasped the basics. Soon enough they were dancing together, not without some mistakes, but it didn't even matter to them. Their eyes beamed with happiness and they were smiling radiantly as they were spinning around on the dance floor.

"Ouch! My toe!" Lisa whined, laughing.

"Sorry love! It was the last time, I promise!" Jennie laughed back.

"Yeah, sure. But you know, you're dancing surprisingly well for your first time. Just like with kissing." she teased.

"Flatterer."

"Just telling you the truth."

"Aww, thanks." Jennie gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

The next song was a slow one and Lisa put her hands on Jennie's waist. The brunette put her arms around Lisa and leaned her head against her shoulder. They moved slowly to the rhythm of the music, enjoying the closeness.

"I keep thinking about what you said on stage." Lisa whispered. "You said that I was your light..."

"Because you are."

"It's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever told me. And you're the light of my life too." They didn't even stop dancing when their lips met in a kiss, a soft and tender one this time.

"Lisa, your hand..." Jennie whispered in her love's ear, because the blonde's hand went way below her waist.

"I can't help myself, you're so irresistible."

Jennie slapped her hand playfully and Lisa had to remove it.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

"No, it's not that I didn't like it, but not here... People are looking."

"Ah, now I understand." Lisa smirked. "So let's stay for one more dance and then maybe we could go someplace romantic? I know a spot where you can get a nice night view of the city, it's really beautiful up there."

"Yeah, I'd love that." Jennie clinged even more tightly to Lisa's chest because listening the rhythmic beating of the blonde's heart was remarkably satisfying and comforting.

***

"You were right, the view is breathtaking." Jennie stood in awe, looking at the city lights below and the starry sky above.

"That's why I wanted to come here with you." Lisa gave her a back hug and put her head on Jennie's shoulder.

"I kind of expected a crowd here."

"Not many people know about this place." Lisa explained. "I'm glad we can enjoy it alone, just you and me."

"Just you and me..." Jennie repeated quietly.

They admired the view in silence for some time when suddenly Lisa noticed that Jennie's eyes brimmed with tears.

"Jen?"

"I just... I just remembered how my life was before I met you. And I guess I just can't believe how happy I am now. It's so hard to believe that I'm afraid it's all just a dream and I'm going to wake up any moment."

"If it's a dream, I don't want to ever wake up."

"But it's not a dream... Do you hear my heart beating? Listen, it's beating for you. This is love. And it's real."

"I know. The realest thing there is..."

In that moment they were so sure of their love for each other that they were overwhelmed by the feeling of absolute peace. Standing in silence, embraced, their faces grazed by the evening breeze, they just instinctively knew that their love was an indestructible cornerstone on which their future together will be built.

"Looking for a falling star?" Lisa suddenly asked.

"Oh my god, how did you know?"

"I was looking for one too."

"And what would you like to wish for?"

"Hmm, that's my secret." Lisa smiled mischievously.

"Fine, I won't tell you my wish either." Jennie responded with a similar smirk.

Two seconds later a bright trail crossed the night sky and both girls gasped simultaneously, pointing towards it.

"There it is, a falling star!" Jennie exclaimed in amazement.

"Did you make a wish?"

"I did. And you?"

"Me too. And you know what? I bet it's the same wish."

"I'm sure it is."

They exchanged loving glances, when Lisa suddenly felt playful and breathed into Jennie's neck.

"Ouch, you're tickling me!" The brunette laughed, turned around, still in Lisa's embrace, and lightly pushed her away. The blonde fell down on the grass, pulling Jennie with her and the brunette landed on top of her, squealing cheerfully and giggling. Lisa quickly turned her over and she was now on top, her face very close to Jennie's. They stared at each other and their smiles started to slowly disappear as their eyes started beaming with desire.

"Nice move Lisa, consider me impressed..." Jennie whispered seductively and Lisa smiled proudly.

"Sorry for ruining the romantic moment."

"Oh, don't worry, I kind of like this even more." Jennie grabbed the back of Lisa's head and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.