Chapter 39.

The meeting went great, the providers promised to give snacks for their charity event for free in exchange for some advertisement in the school's cafeteria. So both girls were in exceptionally good mood as they were strolling down the street, enjoying the evening sun.

"I'm sorry about the girls in the locker room, they can really act like idiots sometimes." Lisa said.

"Oh, don't worry about it." Despite her calming answer, a confused look returned to Jennie's face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I mean..." Jennie fell silent.

"You seem troubled, what's bothering you?" Lisa asked and a playful look appeared on her face. "Don't say it's me coming out from the shower that confused you so much, should I be flattered?"

Jennie blushed again.

"Lisa please..." she said mockingly, but a faint smirk lingering on her mouth might have shown that her mocking attitude was just an attempt to hide her true feelings.

"So you want to tell me you didn't like what you saw?" Lisa bravely pushed forward.

"Wow, you really feel bold today, do you? I like confident Lisa, but don't overdo it." Jennie smilingly avoided the answer. Then her eyes turned serious. "If you really want to know, it's not that... I just..." she paused again. This time Lisa said nothing, allowing Jennie to gather her thoughts.

"Liz, have you ever been in love before?" Jennie suddenly asked.

By trying to seem cheerful Lisa wanted to mask her confusion. "Hmm, what a serious question, why do you want to know if I may ask?"

"Sana mentioned that you had had a lot of girlfriends..."

Lisa's jaw dropped in sudden understanding. "Ah, so this is what this is all about..." she exclaimed. She looked at Jennie, but the brunette was shyly avoiding her gaze. "I'm not really proud of it, but most my relationships were just hookups for sex." Lisa's voice broke a little. Damn, it felt so bad to confess this to the person who was as innocent as Jennie.

"Most of them? What about the rest?"

"Jen, I'm not going to lie to you, I cared about some of them. But not like I care about you. I can't prove it to you, you'll have to believe me. You're the first person I truly fell in love with." Almost trembling with anxiety, Lisa stared at Jennie, waiting for an answer. "What if she doesn't believe me?" her mind kept asking worryingly.

"I believe you." Jennie calmly looked back at Lisa, who sighed in relief. "I'll never make a mistake of not believing you again."

And then her hand shyly squeezed Lisa's fingers, sending sparks of electricity along her arm and making her heart shiver.

They walked in silence for awhile, like a couple on their evening stroll.

"Look, a skating arena! Do you want to go for a ride?" Lisa asked with enthusiasm.

"Sure, I'm actually pretty good at it."

"Is there even something you're not good at?" the admiration in Lisa's voice was genuine, but instead of smiling, Jennie's turned a little sad. Lisa always showered her with witty compliments like that and she just didn't know how to compliment her back without sounding awkward.

"Thanks Liz... One thing I'm not good at is telling compliments so I'm sorry that I almost never say them to you. But I want you to know that I think that you're absolutely great. Both as a person and as a friend. I'm so lucky that I met you."

"Thank you." Lisa's voice trembled, she knew that she was becoming dangerously emotional so she spun around and said: "Let's... let's just go inside."

They borrowed roller skates, put them on and went to the arena, which was quite full at this hour.

"Okay, so what should I do now?" Lisa's question took Jennie by surprise.

"I thought you knew how to skate! It's you who suggested it!" she laughed.

"Sorry, it's my first time. I'm a skating virgin."

"Don't worry, I'll help you. Stand like this." Jennie patiently showed Lisa how to do it. "Okay, good. Now I'm going to position myself behind you-"

"Is this your sexy talk?" Lisa asked and Jennie hit her playfully on her arm.

"Don't be naughty Manoban or I swear I'll leave you alone right in the middle of the arena. So be nice."

"Maybe there will come a day when you'll ask me to be naughty." For a moment Lisa feared that she went too far with her shameless flirting. But except for a slight blush, Jennie didn't react. She put her hands on Lisa's waist and started guiding her forward.

"Just concentrate on maintaining balance." she said softly.

"It's really difficult to concentrate when your hands are squeezing my hips-" Suddenly Jennie pushed her and let go of her. Lisa squealed in surprise and fell on the ground after just two seconds. Jennie rolled to her, laughing happily.

"See what happens if you don't listen to me?" she extended her arm and helped Lisa get up. "So will you be nice?"

"I'm sorry, I can't promise that." Cheeky smile brightened Lisa's face.

"Ugh, you're impossible today. But okay, I guess it's your charm. Let's try it again."

"Can you hold me a little closer, I think it might help me with the balance thing." Lisa meant it as a joke and was sure that her suggestion will be ignored but to her surprise she felt Jennie's body leaning a little closer towards her back. Her heart started beating a little faster as she felt the brunette's breath on the back of her neck.

Jennie's heartbeat wasn't any slower. She kept convincing herself that it was because of skating and the pace, but the truth was that having Lisa so close to her produced some strangely confusing reactions in her body. Jennie recognized Lisa's scent, the perfume that she herself made for her. And then she even caught herself smelling Lisa's hair, admiring how gracefully her hips moved, how nice her ass looked in those jeans... What? Jennie Kim, you did not just think that! Struck with sudden fear, she lost control, tripped and they both instantly fell, Lisa first, then Jennie, landing on top of her.

"Uhm... Jen? You're kind of pressing on my-"

"Oh, sorry." Jennie got up as quickly as she could. "I don't know how it happened, I was just thinking about something-"

"Relax, it's okay. Come on, let's try it one more time."

"Maybe you should try it on your own now."

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

Jennie hesitated but then the confused expression vanished from her face. "No. Nothing's wrong. You're right, let's do it together. Come here, I promise I'll be more careful." She bravely put her hands on Lisa's hips again. "Ready? Go!"