Chapter 42.

When Jennie and Lisa both opened their eyes, the auditorium was already deserted.

"How long have we been hugging?" Lisa asked.

"No idea. But I feel safe in your arms Liz, I could stay like that forever."

"Jen, you said that you wanted to be with me, did you... mean it?"

"Of course my love."

They stared in each others' eyes for awhile and Lisa felt an almost unstoppable urge to kiss Jennie right there. Her entire body and mind were longing for it, asking for it, demanding it... Her eyes darkened and she glanced at brunette's seductive lips, but didn't move. No, as much as she wanted it, she didn't have the courage to do it, not after how Jennie reacted to their first kiss. So it was Jennie who had to make the first move.

And to Lisa's delight, she did.

The brunette's head leaned slowly forward, as in slow motion, toward Lisa's face. She closed her eyes and her lips brushed against Lisa's, just barely. They were so soft and warm that even such simple touch made the blonde shiver with pleasure. It was the slowest kiss Lisa had ever experienced, they were both taking their time to enjoy the moment. And they didn't feel any pressure to force something more for now, their lips were just playing with each other unhurriedly. Finally Jennie pressed her mouth a little harder and her hands went first to Lisa's waist, then gradually crept upwards, towards her back and her hair. Lisa had her one hand grazing Jennie's shoulder and the other was caressing her right cheek, sometimes directing her chin for a deeper kiss. Lisa didn't remember who opened her mouth first, she just noticed how Jennie's tongue touched her lips and went back, teasing her to go inside. She let out a quiet moan as their tongues finally met, dancing slowly with each other. Feeling how Jennie's hands are pressing the back of her head, asking for more, she decided to go all in and their kiss became wild and passionate, faster and more breathy. The desire took over, nothing else mattered in that moment, just their lips joined in a sensual dance. When they finally broke the kiss, both were gasping for breath and their eyes were filled with... incredulity.

"Wow..." Jennie whispered. "This was... so incredible..."

"I know... I dreamed about this for so long and it was even more amazing that I had ever imagined it could be."

It took them some time to calm down and fix their hair, but faint content smiles still lingered on their faces.

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

"With you? Always." Lisa took Jennie's hand and intertwined their fingers. The brunette's face lightened with delight.

They walked in silence until they left school premises, then Jennie feigned being ashamed and said:

"I can't believe I declared my love for you in front of the entire school. Wasn't it a little over-the-top? Maybe even cheesy?"

"Nah, relax. I thought it was moving and very sweet. Did you see how everyone cried? Guys included? And the teachers too?"

"I still think it was a little cheesy." Jennie chuckled.

"Okay, maybe a little bit." Lisa agreed with a smile.

Jennie bit her lip as if suddenly something made her anxious.

"Liz, I know I'm not very experienced-"

"Jen, stop. I know where you are going with it. Look me in the eyes. Okay, now listen: it was the best kiss I've ever had. Ever. I swear."

Suddenly the brunette's eyes widened.

"What's wrong?" Lisa immediately asked.

"No, nothing, it's just that... Just right now when I looked into your eyes I was tempted to use my powers to see if you were telling the truth and... it didn't work. I don't think I have my abilities anymore."

"Really? I'm sorry-"

"No, don't be, it's a good thing, I never wanted them anyway. Besides, if I don't have my powers maybe it means that I don't have any of my curses... I feel like I no longer have to worry about my blackouts and other bad stuff... I really feel like I'm... I'm normal again." Jennie took a deep breath, clearly relieved and Lisa just grazed her finger against her lover's palm.

"So are you excited about your college application? It's really soon! I'm sure you'll get in."

Lisa's face became clouded. "I've been thinking and... Don't be mad, I know you helped me a lot with it, but in the end I don't think I can do that."

"What!? Come on, you've worked so hard, what happened? Why don't you want to do it? You're so close! It has always been your dream!"

The Thai just shook her head sadly and said nothing.

"Liz? Tell me please." The genuine concern in Jennie's eyes easily broke Lisa's resistance, she understood she needed to tell her the truth.

"It has always been my dream, yes, but I love you more than my dream..." she whispered quietly.

"You'd give up going to college because of me?"

"Because of us. I can't imagine living far away from you, not seeing you every day-"

"You're just... adorable. I love you so much." Jennie smiled broadly. Lisa looked at her in surprise, not understanding where this cheerful smile came from.

"Listen, I know I've always been telling you that I wanted to study literature and become a writer. Mostly because I didn't want to deal with people too much. But this has changed, I'm no longer afraid of talking to people. So I decided to choose other career. I want to become a journalist." Jennie looked into Lisa's eyes, waiting for her to understand. The blonde frowned, it took her three seconds to realize something that made her explode with joy.

"Oh my god, the journalism college and medical college are next to each other, we'll be living in the same city!" She exclaimed delightedly and a few people in the park turned their heads to see why the young blonde girl got so excited. But Lisa didn't even notice them, she grabbed Jennie's head with both hands and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, then on her nose and finally on her lips.