Chapter 16.

"Where are you taking me?" Lisa uttered annoyingly, but Jisoo didn't even bother to answer, she just kept dragging her by the arm towards the stairs. Lisa tried resisting for awhile, but for such a short girl Jisoo was unbelievably strong.

"By the way, Lisa, your letter? Nice move. At first I was afraid that you'd gone crazy but now I think it might just work. Of course, some people think it's fake and cringy but the majority actually believed that it's sincere and heartfelt. Anyway, Jennie won't be an anonymous girl anymore, you put her in the spotlight, I hope you realize that?"

"I'm not stupid, I knew the risks! But I just had to do something, okay?"

"I understand." Jisoo said it so compassionately that Lisa realized that for all her criticism, her friend supports her with all her heart. "But next time, just post it on social media instead of printing a thousand pages, we don't live in the nineties." she added jokingly.

"Come on, it's not the same, printing it makes it more personal, because it at least requires some effort-"

"Maybe you're right. Just be prepared for Rosé going after you for that. Recently she really got into all this 'protect-the-environment' stuff and she probably didn't like the fact that you wasted so much paper."

"I didn't waste it!"

"Good luck explaining that to her." Jisoo smirked. "A month ago I bought her a drink in a non-recyclable plastic bottle and she's still mad about it to this day. She even made me donate some money to animal shelter to 'repent for my sins'".

Lisa chuckled. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Rosé was right. I admire her idealism. The world would be a better place if we all cared about nature like she does." Jisoo's face suddenly turned serious.

Then she steered to her left and opened the door, dragging Lisa inside.

"Where are we?" the Thai asked.

"Well, as you can probably see yourself, we're in an empty classroom." Jisoo replied in a half-serious, half-humorous voice but Lisa just rolled her eyes, she wasn't in the mood for her friend's quirky jokes.

"I know that! But what are we doing here?"

"We just wait." Jisoo jumped, sat on the desk and began swinging her legs back and forth, like a happy kid.

"Wait. For. What???" Lisa's patience was at an end. "Forget it, I'm leaving right now-" interrupted by the sound of the door opening, she saw Rosé appear in the doorway. "Of course, I should have known-" Lisa paused abruptly because right after the red-haired girl, a short brunette shyly entered the room, looking all confused. Jennie's gaze wandered around and when it stopped at Lisa her eyes widened a little.

"Before you get mad at us, just hear us out okay?" Rosé put her hands up in an apologetic manner. "We didn't mean to meddle in your problems, but we saw no better option, I mean it's a pity seeing you two so sad and confused..."

"And how you avoided each other for the past week when it's clearly some big misunderstanding." Jisoo added. "So we brought you two together so that you can finally talk and clear things up. We know how awkward you must feel right now, but, frankly, it's a small price to pay as long as you patch things up."

Lisa gave her an annoyed glance. "Did you get that idea from some stupid teen movie? Maybe you'll lock us up too?"

"No." Jisoo chuckled. "Because we believe that you can act like adults and have some common sense."

"And because unfortunately we don't have the key." Rosé winked as she left. Jisoo followed her and Jennie and Lisa were left alone, awkwardly trying not to look at each other.

"Ugh, I hate when they're right." Lisa huffed after a long silence. "We really should talk, shouldn't we?" she asked and let out a sigh of relief when Jennie agreed by nodding her head.

The brunette took a few steps towards Lisa, whose heart beating slightly faster without her knowing exactly why. Jennie took out the letter from her pocket, unfolded it carefully and showed it to Lisa.

"So you don't think I'm a monster?" she asked and her trembling voice sounded like a strange amalgamate of relief and pain.

Lisa knew that the conversation about the letter would come sooner or later, she had replayed a million scenarios of her talk with Jennie in her head. But she just hadn't expected such an opener. A monster!? What? How could she even think that? The astonished look on her face was so genuine that Jennie didn't have to wait for her to answer. "I'm sorry, I really thought I scared you that night and that's why you wanted nothing to do with me-"

"Wait, I thought you avoided me because you were angry at me?" Lisa asked and it was Jennie's turn to look completely surprised.

"Angry at you? For what?"

"Oh my god, I was sure that I let you down by going out drinking that night and that made you mad, and then you even had to get me out of trouble I got myself into." the Thai realized she was talking chaotically. "I'm so sorry, I know I'm blabbering but I'm just so relieved-"

"I know what you mean." Jennie assured her comfortingly. "I feel the same."

"So now that we got that awkward stuff out of the way..." Lisa suggested.

"Yeah, let's sit down and talk."

Lisa eagerly obeyed, sitting down in a chair. Perhaps she wouldn't be so enthusiastic if she had known that their conversation would soon spiral out of control...