Chapter 15: Pay Rise

I see Jessica running around the playground with another little girl, which makes me smile. When I come to pick her up from school she's usually on her own, so it's good to see her playing with someone.

"Jessie." I call over to her.

When she sees me, a big smile spreads across her face. She says goodbye to the girl she was playing with, and runs over to me.

"Hi Ness."

"Hey." I smile. "Who was that you were playing with?"

We talk as we walk over to the car.

"Rebecca."

"I haven't seen you play with her before."

"She's my friend again."

"Again?" I lower my eyebrows.

"We stopped being friends because of Daisy."

I frown. Daisy was the little bitch who wouldn't play with Jessica at the park. We get in the car, and I look back at her.

"So, Daisy stopped you and Rebecca being friends?"

"Yeah, because Daisy didn't like Rebecca being my friend, but it's ok now because I stood up for myself, and now Rebecca is my friend again."

"Yeah?" I smile, and raise my eyebrows.

She remembered what I said to her.

"Yeah." She smiles.

"That's good!" I nod. "Don't let her take your friends away from you. That's not nice."

"No one likes a bully." She shakes her head.

That's what Jack told her.

"That's right. Good for you girl!" I smile. "If she keeps giving you a hard time, you can tell me, or your dad."

"Not my dad." She shakes her head.

"Why not?"

"Because he's always busy, and I don't want him to get mad."

"He wouldn't get mad." I frown.

She shrugs.

"Well, you can talk to me, or if she keeps upsetting you then you should tell your teacher. What about Mrs Frank?"

"Mmm." She shrugs again.

"You keep standing up for yourself, and I'm sure she'll leave you alone. Soon enough she's the one who's going to have no friends."

"Yep." She nods.

"You should invite Rebecca over one day. Maybe you and her could have a sleepover?"

"Oooh, that would be fun!" She smiles.

I'm really glad Jessica isn't taking any shit! I just hope this Daisy girl leaves her alone, or I'll have to say something. I won't let her pick on Jessie like that! Kids can be mean sometimes. Jessica seems a lot happier though, and I'm glad she was with her friend. It was good seeing her play with someone for a change.

****

*Michael's POV*

I get home from a hard days work, and walk through to the kitchen, needing a couple of painkillers for this pounding headache.

As I walk in, I suddenly forget about the pain in my head, when I see Vanessa bent over, putting things in the dishwasher. I have to stop in my tracks because now all my attention is on her legs and ass. She's wearing a red blouse, that's tucked in to her black, skater skirt, and her legs are bare. Damn, if she bent over any further, I'd get a view of her panties. I know I should look away, but I can't. I try to, but my eyes just shoot straight back to her like a magnet. I lick my bottom lip, and finally force myself to look away. I shouldn't be staring...