Chapter 44: Nightmare

*3 DAYS LATER*

I button up my shirt and tuck it in to my black jeans. I look in the mirror, touching up and combing through my curls, making sure my hair looks right.

I spray on more cologne, while checking myself out one last time. I take a deep breath and pick up my black jacket before leaving my bedroom.

 I take a deep breath and pick up my black jacket before leaving my bedroom

*VANESSA'S POV*

"I won again!" Jessie grins.

"Yeah." I make a face. "Like always."

"Can we watch a movie now?"

"I need to clean the kitchen up first, and then we'll watch one." I smile. "Do you want some popcorn?"

"Ooh yeah." She nods.

"Pick a movie while I'm cleaning up, and please pick something other than Frozen." I laugh.

"Oook." She smiles, putting away the game we just played.

I leave the living room, and begin to pick up some dirty plates when I see Michael walk in. I have to take a double look because daaamn! Obviously he ALWAYS looks handsome, but he's changed out of his work suit and he just looks extra fine. I haven't seen him in that pink/purple shirt before either.

His cologne is a lot stronger than usual...

He doesn't look at me as he pops some gum in to his mouth and picks up his car keys.

Where is he going? He never goes out.

I stop gawping at him and walk over to the sink.

"I'm not sure what time I'll be back, but I shouldn't be late."

I look over at him, seeing him put on his black jacket.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I have a date." He says, looking at me now.

My heart drops.

"Oh..." I nod and look away from him, going back to the dishes in the sink.

"See you later."

"Yep, see you later." I nod, staring at the plates as I wash them.

I hear him leave the kitchen and I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"I hope you have a shit time." I mumble to myself.

*MICHAEL'S POV*

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I stand by the bar and look around for my date.

I'm nervous because I haven't done this in years, and I also don't really want to be here. The girl I'm meeting seems ok, but I haven't messaged her much, so I don't know an awful lot about her. I thought it would be easier to just meet each other because I don't have time to be constantly sending messages. She looked ok from her pictures, but obviously not as good looking as- no... I need to stop doing that.