Chapter 19: Sugar Plum Fairy

The taxi stops abruptly, making me wake up. I look out the window and see I'm home. I'm exhausted after the three days in London, and all the travelling, but I made sure I made it back in time to go to Jessica's show.

"Can I use your toilet?" Andy asks.

I turn my head, and give him a look.

"I'm desperate, and I have to wait another hour until I'm home." He frowns.

I sigh, and rub my eyes.

"Yeah, fine."

"Thanks." He smiles.

"We might as well look over the contracts if you're gonna come in." I say, opening the door.

"Sure."

We get out of the taxi, and take our luggage with us. I unlock the front door, and we walk inside.

"The bathroom is upstairs, to the left."

"Thanks." Andy nods, and walks off.

I walk through the house, and in to the kitchen. Vanessa isn't here. She must be seeing her mom or something.

I really need to wake myself up. I put the kettle on to boil, making myself a coffee.

"Your house is massive!" Andy says, walking in to the kitchen. "It's nice."

I ignore him. I can't be bothered with small talk.

"Do you want a coffee?"

"Uh, yeah, thanks." He nods.

I finish making the drinks, and we sit down to talk about the contracts.

An hour later, I hear footsteps walking through the hall. Vanessa is back. I suddenly have this excited feeling come over me, and I think I'm a bit nervous too.

She walks in to the kitchen, and smiles when she sees me. Her smile makes my heart race. Why does it feel like I've been away for longer than 3 days?

She's wearing a ripped, denim jacket, over a black polka dot dress, that shows off her legs, and a little bit of cleavage, and white trainers. Her wavy, honey brown hair is tied up in a high ponytail, with a few strands hanging loose. She looks good.

I notice Andy take a double look...

"Hey, you're back." She raises her eyebrows, as she puts a shopping bag on the kitchen counter.

"Hey." I smile.

She looks at Andy, and he smiles.

"Uh, this is Andy. We work together."

"Hey." He raises his hand.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa." She smiles.

"We were just going over some contracts." I say, clearing my throat.

"Oh, ok. I'll leave, and let you-"

"No, it's ok." I shake my head. "We're almost done, and Andy is leaving in a second."

"Ok." She nods, and takes off her denim jacket, before unpacking the shopping.

I look at Andy, and see his attention is no longer on the work we're doing. He quickly looks away from Vanessa, and we continue our conversation about the contracts.

Vanessa goes to leave the kitchen, and Andy turns his head, checking her out.

"What are you doing?" I give him a look.

"Huh?" He says, quickly looking back at me.

"You were staring at her. We've got work to do."

"Sorry..." He says, looking embarrassed. "Is she your girlfriend?"