Preparation

When they got back to the hostel Mia kept crying,Annabel asked her what was wrong but she didn't say anything. Just as Annabel was trying to console Mia,Kelvin walked in. He went straight to Mia,sat beside her and gave her a tight hug. Annabel decided to leave the two love birds alone while she returned to the field. Kelvin held her hand and asked her while she ran like that.
Why were you running,asked Kelvin.
Sorry,stop crying,what happened??he kept asking her but she didn't answer. Kelvin brought his lips close to kiss Mia but she slapped him and asked him to go out of the room and never come back. Kelvin went out immediately and he went straight to Annabel to tell her what just happened.
Mia and Kelvin has been friends from year one but Kelvin had feelings for her. He cared and nurtured her like a baby,Mia saw him as a big brother. Kelvin also knew all Mia has been through so he tried not to always make her angry. Mia never knew she liked him too until Annabel joined their school in Jss3. They became best friends,Annabel will always tease her anytime Kelvin came looking for her that was when she realised she had a crush on him but she never told him.
Annabel ran back to the hostel and found mia on her bed crying.
What is wrong with you,why are you behaving this way,Annabel asked her.
I want to be left alone,Mia said
Was that why you slapped Kelvin,Annabel said.
Why won't I slap him?he tried kissing me,did he tell you that?because I like him doesn't give him the right to mess with me,Mia said angrily with tears in her eyes.
I know,he was only trying to be nice,she replied.
There are other ways to do that,Mia said.
I know just forgive him,she said. Then she called Kelvin in.He has been behind the door all the time. Annabel sat on the bed while she watched them reconcile. Annabel then asked Mia why she was crying.
I have this bad feeling that tomorrow's event is going to be a disaster,Mia replied.
Don't say that,nothing will go wrong, Kelvin said.
As for Mitchell she should better take my threat seriously else....,Annabel said.
Which threat?What did Mitchell do? What are you guys not telling me?,Kelvin asked looking confused.
That's what you get when you spend time with your boy friends rather than us,Mia said.
That's not true,I have been busy with the debate for the event,I wonder why peace assigned me,she should have given it to those juniors,Kelvin said.
They laughed and chatted till it was time for Kelvin to return to his hostel,they escorted him and came back. The other girls returned to their hostel and they all waited for the great day tomorrow. Some were excited they couldn't sleep,some were nervous especially those participating in one thing or the other while Mia was sad and feeling like a failure since her group was divided. They prayed and went to bed.