THE MYSTERY GUY

Mia's P. O. V

Next morning, I woke up feeling so happy but I had no reason or maybe it was because of yesterday's success. With that price money, I will buy an android phone for me and Annabel. I would have bought for Kelvin but he has one already. We have just one week to go with our exams. I pray we end in peace.

I woke Annabel up and we went to shower. Few minutes later, my roommates started waking up one after the other. The atmosphere today was sunny but after the service it was cloudy. It seems rain want to fall.

After the service, we all went to the boys hostel to revise for maths. Kelvin's hostel wasn't that big but it was enough for all of us. During our revision, Annabel kept flipping the pages of her book without studying or writing any formula down.

"Girly what are you doing?" Charlotte asked Annabel.
"Studying of course, what else are my doing?"
"That doesn't look like you are studying", Charlotte said.

"Well..... I don't want to, am tired. Nothing seem to enter my head".
"That's because your head is filled with rice and stew. What are you studying ?" Kelvin asked.
"Civic Education", Annabel replied.

"But we don't have that until Friday and its our last paper".
"Of course, I know", Annabel said.
"On Friday is Annabel's birthday", I said.
"Yeah, that's true. We will party", Jace said.
"Kelvin I want you to buy me two phones for me and Annabel", I said.

"Osheyy baddest! Too much money", Kelvin said.
"Buy for me too", Charlotte said
"Buy ko, Kelvin see me later sha", I said.
"Yes ma, I will". Kelvin replied.

After the weather seemed okay and we finished studying, I went to the library to just sit and clear my head. While Annabel slept off in the hostel, if she is not sleeping she is playing ball. She doesn't know more than those two. I got to the library and it was quiet. I stood at the window and started to explore the outside world.

"Ma you asked me to see you" a voice said interrupting my meditation.
I turned around and found out it was Kelvin.
"Of course I did", I responded.
"What for?" He asked
"First of, who told you I was in the library?" I wondered.

"It was Jace and Charlotte".
"Oh I see, I want to surprise Annabel this year on her birthday"
"Wow! So nice of you".
"Yeah, first you get two phones for us. I think you should order it", I said.
"Okay I will do that but what are you giving her for her birthday?" Kelvin asked.

"Well......a surprise party then we will figure the rest later okay?"
"Okay", he responded and we walked back to my hostel. On our way to the hostel, we saw Mitchell and Tolu. Of course that will be her new boyfriend. I greeted her but she didn't respond.

She just ignored me and kept walking while I starred at her.

"How that girl wakes up every morning is what I don't understand, carrying grudges against her fellow  human. I think she should learn how to let things go" I said angrily.

"Calm down girl, she's just like that. You should know her by now", Kelvin said. We got to the hostel and found Annabel still sleeping.

"Anny baby wake up", I said tapping her back.
"Is that how to wake this kind of person, you are meant to slap her. Move allow me try" Kelvin said

I stepped aside and went to gist with Peace and Stephanie. Peace was on her bed and Stephanie lay beside her. I fell on the both of them and they started complaining.

"If I slap the hell out of you, you will stand up", Stephanie said
"Mia please stand up, my stomach hurts", Peace said.
"Am sorry peace, am so sorry" I said standing up from the bed.
"So you can't tell me sorry right?" Stephanie said.

"Where is Mia?" Annabel called out from her deep sleep after Kelvin woke her up.
"Am here darling, am coming" I said. " As for Stephanie it's me you want to slap, am coming for you" I said walking towards Kelvin and Annabel. I sat on Annabel's bed alongside Kelvin.

"What's up?" Annabel asked.
"Welcome back to our world, why are you always sleeping? Are you pregnant?" I asked.
"I just have to, you know. Studying is just not my thing", she said.

"Okay, who did you dream about? Was it  Lan?" I teased her.
"Lan? Eww! That stinky boy", Annabel said.
"I think it was Sean, he's cute right", Kelvin said and we laughed.
"No! It's Henry", Stephanie shouted from where she was as we all laughed. Actually Henry is Annabel's mystery guy.

"Which stupid Henry?" Annabel said angrily.
"The one in my class na, that handsome guy", Stephanie said.
"Who put steph's mouth now....poke noser", I said.

               *  *   *   *    *    *    *   * 
Lan is Annabel's seat mate in class. He's actually cute but she complains of his body odour. He is stinky according to Annabel but I think he is just okay. While Sean whom Kelvin mentioned was Annabel's captain in their football team. They were buddies in playing sport. He was our senior and a good player.

Henry is Stephanie's classmate, the science class. He is Annabel's mystery guy. She has a crush on him but only few people knows. I guess Henry likes her too but nobody knows. They have shared good memories together.

I remember when we were in Ss2, someone had locked Annabel in the toilet right before her big game. She told me it was Henry who came to her rescue, well...... I don't know what went through with them. He is actually a nice guy.
              *  *   *   *    *    *   *    *

After few minutes of chatting, laughing and having fun, Kelvin returned to his hostel and Peace got food for all of us. Our dinner was semo and okra soup. After eating, I retired to my bed. I stared at the ceiling thinking of my life outside school. I wonder how it will be after our final exams are done.

A/N Hello lovelies,sorry this chapter is very much late. That's because of school work and and lot of time consumed. I only had time to post this because of close of school here in Lagos... I will like it if my lovely readers protest for the peace of the nation.
#ENDSARS #ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY
#REFORMOURPOLICE #ENDSWAT