Examination Bells

Mia's P. O. V

The next morning, I woke up early at 4am and I woke Annabel as well. We took our bath and brushed our teeth will the others where still sleeping. We started revising for our exams till 6am when everyone started waking up one after the other to prepare for school.

Annabel put up light and went to check up on Peace. She was getting better, her temperature was cold, no more fever. Everyone just hope she gets better before afternoon. Around 6:30am they heard the sound of the bell and they went to the dinning room. Their breakfast was spaghetti and boiled egg. After eating, the students started going to school except for the Ss3 students.

Annabel and I started chatting waiting for Kelvin to join them so we can revise together.
"Hello ladies", Kelvin said running into the room.
"Who is chasing you"? Annabel asked him.

"It's Jace", he said running to the other side of the room.
"What did you do this time"? I asked coming down from my bed.
"Well I took his economics note. I want to use it to revise that is why he is chasing me".

"We are going to revise literature first so give it back to him". I suggested.
"I know Jace, he won't use it rather he will be chatting with Charlotte", Kelvin said. After two minutes Jace came in with Charlotte.

"Where is that nonsense boy"? Jace said using his eyes to scan through the room.
"I told you guys, he was supposed to chase me for his book but he got distracted by Charlotte", Kelvin said coming out of his hiding.

"And what is that suppose to mean"? Charlotte asked looking confused.
"Well it means love is blind, just forget it", Kelvin said and returned his book to him.
After revising for their exams, Kelvin and Jace decided to return to their hostel to get enough sleep before the exams.

Annabel, Charlotte and I decided to follow them. On our way, we saw Mitchell carrying a bucket of water and a broom.
"Hey toilet washer", Annabel called unto her.
Mitchell pretended not to hear her but Annabel ran to her and stopped her. The rest of us also went to her and started teasing her.

"Hope that toilet is perfectly neat"? Kelvin asked laughing vigorously.
"Sure,, I just cleaned your bedroom and it reeked", Mitchell said and laughed like a hungry wolf.
"Boring!", Charlotte responded staring at her ugly face.

"Let's just go, leave the traitor alone", I said feeling uncomfortable with everyone's reaction.
"Who is the traitor? Huh? How dare you call me a traitor"? Mitchell said pushing me to the ground.
"If you dare touch her again with those toilet hands of yours, you won't like what I will do to you", Kelvin threatened.

"Really? What can you do?" Mitchell asked pushing me once more to see what Kelvin could do. Without much delay Annabel gave Mitchell a dirty slap. Instead of the boys to separate them they started cheering Annabel as the two girls fought.

After few minutes of fighting, Mr Robert came to the rescue. He separated them and started blaming the boys for their stupid behaviour then he took us to the vice principal, Mrs Abel our economics teacher.

"Aren't you on punishment?" Mrs Abel asked Mitchell who was looking like a ruffian.
"Yes ma", she responded.

"Well I must say, you are not fit to be the school's head girl. See the way you go around tarnishing the school's image. Is this what you want to teach your juniors?" Mrs Abel asked.

"No ma, they all started it", Mitchell said trying to defend herself.

"And you the head boy, Mrs Abel continued. Were you not suppose to stop them whereas you were hyped up by their performance. Mia I know you are not a trouble maker but why didn't you stop them or instead try to report what was going on. Well I have to give you guys your punishment".

"Ma please, we will be starting our first paper in less than two hours. Ma please temper justice with mercy", Kelvin said.

"Well okay, you guys will have to come back for your punishment after your exams", Mrs Abel concluded.
On our way back to the hostel we  started arguing again.

"This was all your fault you witch", Annabel said.
"Its high time you start regarding me with respect", Mitchell said, hissed and went straight to her hostel.

"You guys shouldn't start world war 3 with Mitchell Marshall", Kelvin warned.
"Now I have to skip rehearsal for punishment, I just pray it's not toilet washing again", I complained.
"I pray too. Okay guys we will be on our way now, we have to sleep before the exams", Annabel said feeling tired.

"Okay that's fine". Kelvin said and hugged Mia while Jace hugged Charlotte.
"So who is going to hug me?" Annabel asked feeling jealous. They all laughed and advised she gets a boyfriend soon.
"Whatever, just call us when you guys are ready to go", I requested.

We all went to our hostel, Annabel and I immediacy went straight to our beds and slept off while Charlotte decided to revise more because she hasn't had time to revise for the last time. While reading she also fell asleep.

Around 1:25pm, Charlotte phone rang it was Kelvin who called her to inform her that they were on their way to our  hostel so we could get ready. She quickly woke us and we took our bath, wore our uniforms and waited for the boys to arrive.

Few minutes after, the boys arrived. We held each others hand and prayed. Jace waved us goodbye and went to his hostel. Jace is a science student including Stephanie and Mitchell.

Surprisingly, Peace got well and went to the hall before anyone so she could rest at little. The students were arranged according to their names. Albert Mia was at the front seat closely followed by Edward Kelvin then Mike Peace and lastly followed by Tega Annabel. This arrangement didn't give Annabel and I didn't get the opportunity to speak to ourselves.

After the exams, we all decided to go meet Mrs Abel for our punishment. Mrs Abel's verdict was that the girls should wash female teacher's hostel toilet and the boys the male.

In less than 30 minutes the girls had finished washing the toilets while the boys still struggled to clean the male staff toilet. I then decided to rehearse with the few time I had. It was already 5pm, so Peace sent Stephanie and Zoey to go get food for everyone. Usually they were meant to get it by 6pm but because Peace wanted to use her drug. So she asked them to get the food earlier than before.