Surprise

A continuous ringing pulsed throughout the apartment, filling the air. Only a couple seconds go by before the ringing comes back. Clay shuffled around in his bed, not paying much enough attention to it.

It's probably the bank or something.

Closing his eyes, he slowly drifts into sleep again.

Clay's phone lights up again, filling the silence with it's persistent ringing. He opened his eyes, giving into it's attention. He glances at the caller ID, it was George who was the one who was calling him.

GEORGE?!

A nervous sweat started to build up on his face. His body quickly was covered in a pale read. As fast as he could he accepted the call and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hello? Is everything okay?" he answered in a concerned tone. He thought something must of happened, why would George be calling him so much? What could he need?

"Uh yeah, I've been trying to get your attention for the last couple of minutes. Sleepy much?" Clay looked over at his alarm clock. 1:56 pm. To be fair, sleeping in was something that he's been doing lately, it occupied from his feelings of isolation in his own apartment. Nothing could save him from embarrassment at this point, now he looks lazy.

"Oh sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night. What's going on?"

Quickly, George gave him an answer. "Get on discord, Nick and I have to talk about the beach house and stuff." Now everything makes sense, it'd be strange if George had called him for any other reason.

"Okay give me a sec." Shortly after, he hung up the call. It only took him a couple of seconds to jump onto his computer and join the call George was referring too. Clay was greeted by Nicks roaring voice.

"Clay!!! What's up my man?! How have you been dude?" He could sense the smile Nick had, it was a dose of serotonin he desperately needed. Suddenly, a sense guilt started to seep into his skin. Clay never really reaches out to Nick, or really anyone else in that matter. How could he be so selfish? George was the only person he could think about. He felt like an abuser, constantly neglecting the people he's supposed to protect, to take care of. A frown took control of his face.

"Hey! I've been good, I've been good." He tried everything he could in his power to cover up the discomfort in his voice. He continued to ask, "How are you?"

Nick in his classic lively voice replied, "Pretty good if I say so myself! I'm doing even better because guess what?"

Guess what? Oh god, what could it possibly be.

Clay instantly became shaky. Not being given much time to think he replies, "What?"

"We got the beach house dude! Let's go!" He could hear laughs of joy coming form George paired with Nicks laughter. Disbelief rapidly filled his brain. He couldn't believe it. It felt like someone had hit his head with a bat, leaving him completely dumbfounded. "What?! Already? What happened?."

"Nick and I already had some houses picked out and we contacted the owners, basically the house that we got was going to be rented at the time we originally wanted to meet up so we got it a bit earlier. We basically didn't have any other choice."

Nick happily added "Yeah it's awesome, it's a beach front so we're right next to the beach, also it's in Orlando by the way so lucky you. It looks like there's a lot of fun things to do near by so I'm pretty excited." There was so much to process, it's almost as if his brain became desensitized - not knowing how to feel his emotions that were drowning his head.