Longing

The sun was high in the sky, filling the room with it's beaming rays of sunshine. The bright lights bounced off the walls, eventually landing on George's eyelids. He opened his eyes, glancing across the room. Today was going to be painful, not matter how hard he tried to avoid it, it was inevitable; he had to say goodbye. He rested his head on Clay's chest, trying to savor the moment. George listened to his steady, deep heartbeats. He placed his hand on his chest, now feeling them travel to his fingertips.

Clay's breathing was rhythmic, peaceful. His face glowed beautifully in the presence of the sunlight. George felt his stomach tingle; as if a swarm of colorful butterflies roamed around inside him. He felt his cheeks grow warm, his eyes becoming watery.

What is this?

He turned around and faced away from Clay; he couldn't stand to look at him anymore. His feelings weren't adding up, they weren't making any sense. Why is he feeling such strange things? He couldn't allow himself to indulge into an unknown space. He let out a deep sigh, then a gasp when he felt Clay turn around and hug him from behind, holding him close.

His eyes widened, his face turned red. He had no idea if Clay was awake, if this was even intentional. He felt Clay's breath travel down George's neck, giving him chills that traveled down to his toes. His swole, bare arms seemed like they didn't want to let go.

"Good morning?" George said in a raspy voice.

"Good morning, how'd you sleep?" Clay continued to hug him close. He was so warm, comfy. George smiled.

"Good," realization sank in; he didn't have a nightmare. George's face lit up like the ray's of sunshine wrapping the both of them, "You?"

"Good, but sad." Clay's tone became flat. But he knew why.

"Me too. I'm gonna miss everyone."

"Same, but we'll see everyone again soon." Clay reassured him. He felt Clay's grasp loosen, then back away, "O-oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was cuddling- or like, spooning you like that, sorry I didn't mean it like, that," he nervously said. George found it funny the way he became all flustered; it was cute.

Cute? He felt himself blushing. Shit.

"What time is it?" George asked, he tried his best to shake off his thought.

"Um, let me check." Clay reached over to the night stand. George couldn't help but notice his muscles tightening and releasing when he reached over. He felt his face heating up. He wanted to touch-

Please stop. He told himself.

Clay gasped, "It's eleven-thirty! Darryl and Zak are leaving soon. Everyone's downstairs." The urgency in his voice made the situation seem serious. They both got up from the bed and got dressed. George ran to his room and threw on the first thing he found in his suit case. He followed Clay down the stairs.

"Hey, sorry I guess we over-slept." Clay said.

"Overslept?! Of course you did, we're about to leave!" Zak jokingly said.

"Don't be mean!" Darryl scolded.

"Are you guys leaving now?" Clay asked.

"Yeah, we have to go or we'll miss our flight." Darryl said in a sad tone.

"Don't worry, we'll meet up again boys." Nick said.

Everyone exchanged hugs, saying their temporary goodbyes. George hugged Zak and Darryl, thanking them for making this trip a fun one. He watched them both leave the front door with the help of Clay and Nick carrying their bags. George let out a sigh. He noticed that himself, Lucas and Alex were the only ones the the room. He walked over to the kitchen and sat down at the table, scrolling through his phone. He heard Clay and Nick walk back inside. Everyone headed to the kitchen.