Healing

The car ride was a little bumpy, but not too rowdy to wake him up. The motion turned to the right, then stopping. The sound of the engine turned off, allowing silence to fill the car. Clay felt a tap on his left shoulder. A muted word traveled in his ear, then another. A hand held his shoulder, being softly shaken.

"Clay, wake up." George whispered.

He slowly opened his eyes, looking out the window. He quickly shifted to look at George. His beautiful, porcelain face looked at him. Clay smiled.

"O-Oh sorry, I feel asleep." Clay felt his cheeks blush.

George smiled back, "It's okay, we can go inside, we're here."

Clay opened the car door, stepping onto the ground. The cool breezed caressed his face. He looked around, taking in the setting. He was finally here, in the United Kingdom; it was all the more special because he was here for the first time, with the one he loves. It made him nervous, everyday he wanted to spill it all out on the table, but the risk was too high; maybe it was better to hold in in - forever.

The neighborhood facing the small apartment complex was quaint, surrounded by tall trees moving in the wind. For some reason it was exactly where he thought George would live. The apartment complex was small, not many cars were in the parking lot. He heard the car trunk pop open.

"Oh, I can take this one." Clay took the suitcase from the back. George took duffle bag. He closed the trunk shut and locked the car. Clay followed George from behind as they walked up the stairs to the second floor to his apartment. George unlocked the door and opened it to let them both inside. Clay felt his heartbeat speed up. He was letting him into his home; where he spends everyday at. It felt like the next imaginary step to their relationship.

They walked inside and stood in the living area. Clay looked around. Everything was so, cute. He smiled. Inside smelled nice too, he noticed some candles lit on the coffee table. Shyness came over Clay, he stood with George, waiting for someone to speak.

"Uh, welcome," George paused, "So, um, there's a guest room over here. You can stay there." George stepped in front of him, towards the guest room.

He had to make a move. This was his only chance. He grabbed George by the wrist. George quickly turned around, startled.

"Can I stay with you? In your room? Please?" Clay rushed through his words, nervously.

Fuck, he looks so hesitant.

"You don't have to," he awkwardly paused, "Sorry, I'll just take the room." His whole face was red.

"Yeah. You can stay with me." Both of their faces were entirely red, avoiding eye contact, "My room is over here."

Holy shit, he said yes. His heart momentarily relaxed.

George led him to his room. Clay's hands became sweaty, nerves settled in his stomach.

I can't believe I'm in his room.

He looked around, taking it all in again. His bed looked so cozy, several blankets laid on top of each other, accompanied by many pillows against the bed frame. On the other side of the room was where he streamed, his PC setup.

This is where they talked. This is where they had so many conversations about their lives. This is where he got to know George.

"I have some room in my closet if you want to put your stuff in there. Make yourself comfortable."

"Okay, thanks." Clay smiled, "Um, is it okay if I take a nap? I'm actually really tired." Clay laughed. It was until now he realized how exhausted he was from his flight.