Anticipation

Clay's alarm clock went off exactly at 7 am sharp, his eyes shot open, perfectly synchronized with the timing. The pale ceiling filled his entire view. The loud buzzing from the clock continued for a couple more seconds before he finally reached over and turned it off. He got up and sat on the side of the bed. A minute goes by before he finally confronts what's going to happen later today.

Clay let's out a deep heavy sigh, closing his eyes.

Today's the day.

There was so much to do with so little time to wrap his head around it. He's going to meet George, look him in the eyes, feel him, actually talk face to face. Nerves started kick in full gear, he bounced his leg up and down to help ease his nerves, but it didn't work. He felt his stomach turning, his body heating up. He could explode.

Relax. Relax.

Clay took a couple minutes trying to distress himself. Taking a couple deep breaths in and out helped a little. He finally opened his eyes, he glances all over his room until his eyes landed on his luggage.

Shit. I have to get ready.

He quickly got up, feeling his head spin a little. It took him a couple of seconds for his head to stabilize. As soon he could think properly again he made his way to the bathroom. He turned on the shower and waited for it to heat up. In the mean time, Clay looked at himself in the mirror.

He looked at his features, his green eyes, eyebrows, nose. He wondered if George was even remotely attracted to him. I mean, George knows what he looks like, but all he can remember him saying is; "You look ... okay", then followed by his laughter. Clay looked further down the mirror, placing his eyes on his torso.

Am I too fat?

He turned to the side, examining his body. Not knowing what to think anymore, he let out a groan. Clay went ahead and checked the water too see if it was the right temperature. He stuck his hand in, feeling the water droplets run down his hand; the water was at the temperature he liked.

He took his boxers off and stepped inside, feeling the warm water all around him. He closes his eyes trying to relax, attempting to wash away all the accumulated nerves, anxiety, and fear for what was going to happen later that day. He still couldn't stop thinking.

What the hell am I supposed to say? "Hey Georgie," No what the fuck that's stupid. "Hey dude!" No, that's way too forced.

He had to be perfect, he needed to give off the best first impression he could give - well, the best first in person impression. As he shampooed his hair, he still couldn't stop thinking about him. He thought maybe if he scrubbed hard enough he could get George out of his head. He got lost in his thoughts once again.

Clay smiled at the thought of seeing George in a bathing suit. He imagined his smooth skin, toned figure, his small frame. And just to top it all off, the image of George soaking wet made Clay blush. He felt a blood rush, then the sensation of something growing harder got his attention.

Oh my god stop.

He was embarrassed, it felt like there was a crowd of people watching and laughing at him. He thought of anything to make it dissipate; his grandma, puppies, sapnap.

Well that seemed to work.

After finishing up, he stepped out, dried himself off and decided what to wear. He pleaded with himself not to overthink this. He forced himself to wear a simple t-shirt and above the knee shorts, since it was supposed to be hot out. What seems like out of nowhere, his stomach started grumbling asking to be fed. Clay made his way downstairs to the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal.