Comfort

Content warning: Child abuse
___________________________________

In the distance, George could see the amusement park with it's attractions slowly grow into his field of view. The screams and laughter grew louder in his ears. Clay found a spot to park, with everyone else parking near by. The setting was amazing.

The amusement park sat right next to the beach, giving people the opportunity to swim if they wanted to, which people did; the beach looked busy. Stores, shops and restaurants surrounded the park, resembling a downtown area. Everyone gathered up and walked towards the park. The noises and sounds of the rides grew noisier. Since the amusement park was a bit larger than most beach-parks, there was a small fee to pay, but it wasn't bad.

"You guys, we all should ride this one," Nick pointed up at the main roller coaster. It was tall, and fast, sending people hurtling through the air.

"Yeah, there's no way I'm getting on that." Clay said.

"Come on! You only live once!" Zak shouted.

"The line isn't long, and it looks like the ride is ending!" Nick encouraged for everyone to get on. Everyone else ran towards the line. George and Clay stayed behind. Clay looked at George.

"Wanna try?" Clay sounded like he wanted to try. George didn't want to cause any inconvenience, or annoy anyone. He looked at the giant roller coaster, then back at Clay.

Nervously, he said, "Sure."

Both of them walked to the line, standing behind the rest of the group. Everyone seemed super excited to ride the roaring roller coaster, but George was nervous. But standing next to Clay, he felt safe and comfortable. George looked down, Clay's hand rested next to his. It was so close, almost touching. He had an urge to hold his hand. George suddenly became flustered, he brushed it off. He looked back at the roller coaster. It's just a stupid ride, it'll only last for two minutes, he should stop making a fuss. The ride made it's way to the entrance, the people riding it got off and exited. The worker managing the ride let people in to get into the ride. They walked up the metal stairs onto the platform and climbed onto the seats. Each seat fit two people.

The seat was snug, putting Clay and George's bodies close. The fear from the ride and the sensation of Clay's arms against his confused his brain, he couldn't process what he was feeling. They sat in the middle between all the seats, with the rest of the group right in front of them. Suddenly the ride starts to move forward, climbing up the hill accompanied by it's clanking.

"Oh god," Clay muttered under his breath. They kept going higher and higher. George looked out. He could see the entire coast line and the entire amusement park, it was beautiful. He can't remember the last time he was this high up-

"Shit!" Clay yelled. The roller coaster plunged down, catching George off guard. His heart dropped to his stomach. The coaster took a sharp left and right and flew its way around the park. George closed his eyes shut and looked down. He could hear mixtures of screaming, laughter and cheering all around him. The wind hit him across the face. George needed something besides the coaster to hold onto. He grabbed Clay's arm and tightly held on. The ride kept going on forever. Every second he wished it stopped. And eventually it slowly came to an end. Once it made a full stop and the worker unlocked the seats, both Clay and George quickly got off and exited the ride.

"Holy shit I'm never doing that again." Clay sounded like he was out of breath. 

"Yeah neither am I," George agreed.

"Oh my god you guys are such babies, it wasn't even bad." Nick playfully teased them. "Do you wanna go on the other rides with us?"

"Uh no, I kinda just wanna walk around." Clay responded."