STARTING ANEW (6)

Two updates in one day...I deserve an award jare😂😂

Dieko

"My friends are okay, shey?" Feyi asks as we both sit down on my bed

"I guess" I shrug

"Just ignore Yemisi, she likes to act up, she will be back to normal soon"

"That one is not my concern" I roll my eyes "If she likes she should keep behaving like a mumu, my own is she should not bring her attitude near me"

"Calm down naw" She laughs "Oya tell me why you came to Lagos"

"Nawa for you o Feyi, oya come and be going"

"Are you chasing me away?"

"Come and be going naw, why are you here sef?, How are you going to get home?"

"Have you forgotten?, My house has always been near grandma's house naw, like twenty minutes walk from here, I can go home whenever I like, I'll just tell mum I was with you"

"Just come and tell me naw please" She pleads

"No"

"Why?, I'm your cousin o"

"Did I say I don't know?, If I tell you naw, you'll go and tell your friends"

"Ahan I won't naw, you know I'm not like that"

I sigh. Feyi wasn't really like that, I just didn't want to tell her

"Oya if I tell you, you would not tell anybody o, it's between me and you"

She imitates zipping her mouth close

"Dad brought another woman home"

"Another woman as per how?"

"He got a young girl pregnant and then brought her home, mum couldn't bear it so she came to live with grandma"

"Wow, I never knew Uncle Goke could do something like that"

"He just changed suddenly, he started coming home late and whenever he came home, he would be drunk, mum made sure we were always in our room before he came because she was scared he would hurt us, and one night, I overheard him talking to mum-" I stop midway the tears threaten to fall

"Don't cry naw" Feyi rubs my shoulders

"He called us bastards Feyi, Dami and I, he called us bastards, why would he say something like that?, Him and mum were married for sixteen years"

"Some people aren't worth your tears trust me, but what of Uncle Goke's family, why didn't Aunty Lola go to meet them?"

I hiss "Those ones?, Was it not Daddy's elder brother that brought home the pregnant woman?, all of them are just useless"

"I can't believe this, see me thinking you guys just came to spend some time in Lagos and then go back to Abuja"

"And I couldn't even tell my best friends, I had to lie to them, they were so angry"

"Why did you lie to them?, Shebi you said they are your best friends"

"Yeah, but I was kinda ashamed, whose father does that?, I couldn't just tell them"

"You shouldn't have done that naw, there's nothing to be ashamed of, you can call them later on to tell them"

"Maybe I would do that" I shrug

Feyi opens her mouth to speak but Ayo walks into the room and beats her to it

"You can not knock shey?" Feyi jokes