STARTING ANEW (27)

Dieko

"Ew, Timi, you don't get to say things like that." I grimace laughing.

"Oya, sorry."

"Stop making me laugh too much, Feyi is going to wake up."

"Oh, she's there with you?." He asks from the other end of the line

"Yes."

"She's not going to wake up, trust me, she's a deep sleeper."

I knew that, Feyi slept so deep that if they wanted to kidnap her, she won't even know, they will have finished kidnapping her before she'll wake up.

"How do you know?."

"Feyi and I have been best friends for five years naw, she used to sleep over at my house before you came to Lagos."

"Oh." I remove my phone from my ear and gasp when I see the time.

"Timi!, This is the fourth time you're keeping me up this week, it's 3am."

"Well, you have nothing to worry about today cause it's the weekend, so no school."

"I know that." I roll my eyes even though he can't see me, "But I have to be up early tomorrow or should I say today?, I sha have to be up early, I need to keep reading for next week's test."

"Oh, so you read?."

"Nooo, Timi, I don't read, I just happen to be able to remember every single thing the teacher taught us in class." I snort.

"Calm down naw, it was just a question." He chuckles.

"And I was just answering you."

"Sooooo..." He draws out, "About that date."

"Let's talk about it after the tests." I laugh, "We can go during the weekend after tests."

"Cool then."

"Yeah."

"Hey, I have a question for you."

"I'm listening."

"Have you ever gone on a date with a guy?."

There's no need to even think about it cause I already know the answer.

"No."

"Why?"

"Cause back in Abuja, I didn't pay attention to most of the guys there that were asking me out cause I've seen a lot of destructive relationships, I didn't think I was ready to date anyone. Besides, I always felt boys were a distraction."

"Umm...so what made you change your mind?."

"Well, I think I realized that you can only be a teenager once so when I got to Lagos, I decided to try new things, besides, I'm a big girl now so I think I can handle a relationship." I conclude.

"Oh really?, So if what I ask you to be my girlfriend now, are you going to say yes?."

It's like I'm hearing double, I think there's water in my ear, I use my palm to hit my right ear a few times then my left ear. Yeah, I was definitely hearing things.

"Dieko, are you still there?."

"Oh, yes, what did you say?."

"I asked you what you would say if I asked you to be my girlfriend now."

My breath hitches in my throat.

Ah, okay, I was definitely not hearing things.

Was he using style to ask me out...?.

Or was he just joking...?.

"Dieko?" He calls again getting impatient for my answer. I open my mouth to say something when my phone vibrates showing I have another incoming call. I remove the phone from my ear and stare at it, it's Maxwell, never in my life have I ever thought I would be so happy to talk to Maxwell, first time in his life he's doing something sensible for me.

"I'm so sorry, Timi, I have to go, we'll talk later." I quickly say, I don't wait for his reply before I press the red button. I answer Maxwell's call.

"Why are you calling me at such odd hour of the night?." I ask even though I'm silently thanking God for making him call at that exact moment.

"And why are you awake at such odd hour of the night?."

"I'm awake because you called me."

"Liar, you were awake before I called you."

"That one is your business, what do you want?."

"I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about you."

I burst out laughing quietly, this one is mad, his village people must be doing him.

"Wait, please this your charms cannot affect me o, you think I'm like all those girls that you used to flirt with."

He hisses from the other end. "You cannot even form small."

I snort. "Better go and meet all those girls that wanted to die over you in Junior school."

"I'm talking to one of them now."

"God forbid, I reject it!." I exclaim snapping my fingers over my head backwards, "Hope you are not mad sha, me?, I never liked you, maybe you were seeing double."

"That's what they always say."

"Wo, Maxwell, if you don't have anything better to say, I'm going to sleep, I have things to do tomorrow, unlike some jobless people I know." I hiss.

He chuckles. "Be describing yourself."

I roll my eyes before pressing the red button, Werey (Mad man).

•••••
Ummmm...do you guys think Maxwell likes Dieko?😏, We'll find out in the next chapter 😂

Sha don't forget to vote and comment.

Till next time babiessss❤️

Byeeee❤️