STARTING ANEW (37)

Picture of Feyi above ☝️☝️

Dieko

"Feyi please don't disturb me, let me eat this food in peace." I tell her.

"But I'm hungry too." She pouts.

I eye her badly. "Oya, eat me naw."

"Ahan naw, just small, guy, this indomie is much."

"Feyi, I asked you before I cooked this indomie o, I asked you if you wanted and you said no."

"I was not yet hungry that time."

"Something is wrong with you, better go and call Ayo from his parents that he went to see in Akure so he can cook for you."

"I'm your cousin naw, don't do me like this."

"Your village people are the ones doing you." I hiss at her picking up my iPhone from the counter.

A message pops up immediately from Timi:

Hey beautiful❤️, Call me when you see this.

Oh God, I'm sure if I was fair I'll be red by now with the way I'm blushing, I dial his number quickly, he picks up on the first ring.

"Hey, babe."

"Are you okay?, I called you yesterday night, you didn't-" I stop talking when Feyi tries to steal my indomie. "Ogbeni get out naw, are you mad?."

"Huh?."

"Sorry Timi, not you."

"Oh okay, yesterday was a busy day, my mum threw a birthday party so I couldn't even use my phone, I'm sorry."

"And you could not invite us for the party."

"It was strictly family, it was just a small get together."

"Oh okay."

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow at school."

I laugh. "We just saw each other on Friday when we got back from Abuja."

"And today is Sunday, it's been long, don't tell me you didn't miss me."

"I did, obviously."

"Are you-"

The doorbell rings cutting him off.

"Someone is at the door?." Feyi says with her mouth full of my indomie.

"I told you I'm deaf, abi?."

She rolls her eyes. "Goan open it naw."

"Did they glue your leg to the floor?." I retort.

She rolls her eyes before walking out of the kitchen.

"Sorry, what were you saying?."

"I was asking if you-"

"Dieko!" Feyi yells. "Come o, you have a visitor."

I mentally groan, can't a girl just have some time alone with her boyfriend?.

"Timi, I'm so sorry, I have to go, I'll call you back, promise."

"Okay, later then."

"Yeah." I press the red button.

"That person at the door better have ten million with them because I-"

I stop in my tracks when I see who it is.

"Dad?."

∆∆∆∆∆
"How did you find us?." My mum asks him.

"I called your brother, he was reluctant at first, but he later told me you were staying with your mum."

"Ki lo wa wa nibi (What did you naw come to look for here?)."

"I came to see you and my daughters."

I almost scoff. So it's now he knows he has daughters shey?.

"Goriola, please just leave."

"Lola, I'm sorry."

My mum lets out a low laugh, you can tell it's a bitter one.

"Sorry for what Goriola?, Is it for the fact that you were cheating on me with another woman long enough to get her pregnant, or the fact that when you did, you brought her home, you don't respect me, do you?, Even if you don't, you're meant to consider our daughters, we've been married for sixteen years, we have two beautiful daughters and then you chose to have another wife because of a son."

"I know I was wrong Lola, I don't know what came over me, it was the devil's handiwork."

"Okay, so what made you come here?, Because I'm sure you didn't come in your own free will."

My father looks down like he's ashamed of something, well he should be, he should really be ashamed of himself.

"Last week, Folake had to take the baby to the hospital for some injections, on their way, they had an accident and the baby lost a lot of blood, when I got to the hospital, they said I had to donate some of mine for him since I'm his father but when they took my blood, they said that we weren't the same match, meaning he's not my son."

Call me wicked or anything but at that moment, a triumphant smile appears on my face, serves him damn right.

"I'm sorry Lola, I'm sorry for what I put you and our daughters through."

Right now, I'm just grateful that he didn't mention we met in Abuja two weeks ago.

"So what do you want now?." My mum asks.

"Please, come back home with our daughters, please."

"Honestly, I forgave you a long time ago, but Goriola, I'm sorry, you broke our wedding vows the day you slept with that woman, I can't continue with this marriage, I'll call my lawyer so she can prepare the divorce papers."

He sighs. "I knew this would happen, but at least, can one of our daughters come to live with me in Abuja?."

"I can't allow Damilola to go with you to Abuja, she's just twelve, I won't allow you raise her alone, so it's up to Diekolola, if she wants to go live with you, fine, I'll allow her, but if not, there's nothing you can do about it, it's totally her choice."

I enter back into the kitchen fully since I've been eavesdropping from the corridor, I've heard what I needed to hear.

There's no point in asking me, I already know my answer.

A plain NO.

•••••
Don't forget to vote and comment guys ❤️❤️❤️