STARTING ANEW (30)

Dieko

"Umm...Ife, I'll call you back later, love you." I don't wait for her to reply before hanging up. I turn to face Feyi.

"What did you say?."

"You heard me Dieko, why didn't you tell me you're going on a date with Timi?."

I shrug. "I knew you'll get upset, I don't like you being angry at me."

"Oh, so ain't I still upset?, Huh?, I've told you how I feel about you dating my best friend, Dieko."

"We are not dating, it's just a date, we are just going to hang out."

She snorts. "A date is the first step in starting a relationship. After this date now, few weeks later, I'll hear both of you are in love."

"Look Feyi, you're my cousin and I love you but I can't have you direct my love life. You can't tell me who to go out with and who not to, I never questioned you when you and Eri started dating."

"Because he isn't your best friend." She retorts.

"Timi is your friend, I don't get it, is it that I'm not good enough for him or what?."

She sighs. "It's not that, it's actually the opposite. You're too good for him, Dieko. Look, I don't want it to be that some months into your relationship and then he'll say he's not doing again, or when he sees another girl, he's going to lose interest in you. I love Timi and I trust him cause I've known him for a while now but I don't trust him with you, you're my cousin, you're just not another girl, I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't get hurt, Feyi, I appreciate that you're looking out for me but you can't make a decision for me okay?. I'm even happy you found out because I think I'm beginning to like Timi maybe a little more than a friend." I admit, "And then I won't want you to find out later and then you'll be mad at me."

Then I realize something.

"How did you even find out?."

"He told me."

"Who?, Timi?."

"Yes, I called him and we were talking about something then I asked him if he had any plans for today and then he was silent for a long time, he finally said he didn't have any plans but I knew he was lying because I know how nervous he gets whenever he lies to me."

"So I asked him if he was sure and he said yes, I didn't believe him but I decided to let it go but then minutes later he suddenly went along the lines of-" She then deepens her voice probably trying to make an impression of Timi.

"Oh shit!, I have to pick Dieko up in an hour-" She then returns to her normal voice, "And I was like what?, Then he just hung up, I tried calling him back but he refused to pick up." She finishes.

"That explanation was pretty... descriptive."

She rolls her eyes.

"Anyway, I was meant to start getting ready sha but since you're here, you can help me choose an outfit, I already have some in mind, just help me choose between them." I stand up and walk towards my wardrobe.

"Where is he taking you to?."

"I don't know." I shrug, "Said it's a surprise."

"Have you asked your mum and grandma?."

"Before nko, I asked them since." I pull open my wardrobe. "He asked me before the tests sef but something came up and I couldn't go so I told him I was sorry and then we decided to go the weekend after tests which is why we are going today which is a Saturday."

"Nawa o, I just asked you one question, Instead of you to say yes or no, you started reading the Bible for me."

I roll my eyes and bring out the first outfit I had in mind. It's a strapless red flare gown that hugs my body, then from my waist falls down, the net below the dress is thick.

"You're going on a date, Dieko, not a Cinderella ball. Please hide that thing far inside your wardrobe."

"A simple 'no it's not suitable for the date' would suffice." I eye her.

I bring out the second dress, it's a yellow dress with black stripes, it's a simple straight gown that stops just above my knee, it's held up by thin spaghetti straps.

"Perfect" She says making my face break out in a grin but her next words stop my grin from expanding, "If you want to look like a bumble bee, like seriously, what is that?." She bursts out laughing.

"It's a birthday gift. From Niyi." I deadpan .

"No wonder it looks like that, please never in your life wear that thing, it's horrible."

I scowl at her before hanging the dress back in my wardrobe.

I then bring out my third outfit, a dark red smocked long-sleeved off the shoulder crop top and a pair of my skinny dark blue denim jeans. The jeans is new, it's one of my birthday gifts from my grandmother but the crop top isn't. I bought it last year in Abuja but I've only worn it once since then.

"Perfect."

I wait for the snarky remark that would follow but none comes.

"So it's good then?."

"I just said perfect, didn't I?."

I roll my eyes. "So with sneakers?."

"Nope, don't wear sneakers, I think you should wear those your ankle strap heels, the one I wanted to borrow that day but you refused to give me."

"Oh okay, I need to have my bath."

"Haven't you bathed before?."

"I have, but I just want to bath again, to look fresh for the date."

"That one is your business, I'll be downstairs disturbing Ayo." She leaves my room.

Great. So let's get to work.

•••••
Squeeeeeee😂they finally get to go on their date. It's going to be the next chapter obviously because we CAN'T miss it😂.

Don't forget to drop your comments below, I want to know what you guys think...And please vote, the star isn't far, it's just at the left bottom side of your phone, please o, all these silent readers.

Till next time!!!

Byeeeeeeeeee❤️❤️